PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Woodworking Show

Don L Johnson
04-02-2009, 6:24 PM
I'm leaving in the a.m. to go to the Houston show. A few months ago there was a free "ticket" in one of the advertisements in Fine Woodworking. I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone remember what month of Fine Woodworking it was in and whose ad it was? Thanks,

Michael Schapansky
04-02-2009, 7:26 PM
I'd sure like to know when, where and what for the show. Is it machinery or finished works? I'm in Austin and it might be fun to go.

Don L Johnson
04-02-2009, 7:58 PM
I found it. For those that might be interested: Fine Woodworking Nov/Dec 08 issue and it is the "Gladstone Tools" ad.

Quint Binns
04-02-2009, 8:15 PM
http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/

Bruce Wrenn
04-02-2009, 9:17 PM
Be sure and check out Jim Heavey's demo at the Wood Magazine booth. The first one of the day on jigs is the best, but all three are well worth the time.

Paul Steiner
04-02-2009, 9:25 PM
I went to the DC show and it is not worth the price of admission. I would recommend staying at home and cruising your grizzly, woodworkers supply, and veritas catalogs. Same stuff same prices.

Peter Elliott
04-03-2009, 2:10 PM
You know I was going to post a new thread on:

"Anyone disappointed with the WoodWorking Show"?

Maybe it's me but not much excitement.

There was a lot of people buying stuff but mostly at the close-out tables.

I spent about 3x the amount of time going through the isles..

Sat in on a spray finishing seminar and it was a sales pitch to buy one machine. Nice machine but far from spray seminar...

I headed over to Lee Valley and was pretty much ignored the entire time until I wanted to buy a sharpening jig. The guy was nice but again I walked around, picked up a few tools and no one bothered.

I wanted to see the Carvewright in action and they failed to post. Early on I checked Carvewright show schedule and the show was listed. They opted out of the last few shows per their website, seems like a good reason.

The new delta table saw was there. Yep, it was there!

I bought a new featherboard from Summerfield. Liked the desgin and hope to use on the new router table coming! Got home and some of the knobs were broke, more like mashed, just fell apart when I unwrapped it. Not from me, it sat right upfront in the truck.. But it happens!

The show wasn't a wash! I got to meet Tony from SMC, we had a great time chatting about stuff.

More importantly I was able to take my Father in Law, he had a good time, bought a dovetail jig. Spent the day with him talking about wood stuff. We even listen to Wood Whisper on the way down/back via ipod...

I just wish the organizer would breath some fresh air into the shows, it was kinda the "same old -same old!" am I am not the old!!!

-Peter