PDA

View Full Version : Molder

Andrew Long
04-02-2009, 4:07 PM
Did Grizzly do away with their open stand Molder (like the W&H model)? I only saw a closed stand molder listed, of course it was much more $$$.

Don Abele
04-02-2009, 6:04 PM
Yes Andrew. Grizzly discontinued the original Shop Fox moulder last year (with one heckofa blow-out price). The new design is, IMHO, a significant improvement over the original. I own the original design (with variable speed) and have no complaints. It's an excellent machine and comparable to the W&H (which I have used at length as well).

Be well,

Doc

Peter Quinn
04-02-2009, 10:20 PM
They added a cast iron bed with some nice slots for stock guide adjustment and alignment, otherwise its the same machine for a bit more money, a few hundred dollars give or take? They were blowing out the open stand models as Don said, when I bought mine, fixed speed. Then they blew out the variable speed kits, so I got that too. Works well. I'm sure that iron bed is a nice feature as far as set up convenience and cut quality, though it pushes the weight a bit in the stationary machine direction, where as the W&H and original shop fox were both fairly portable.