PDA

View Full Version : Splitting large designs

Andrea Weissenseel
04-02-2009, 3:32 AM
I'm drawing a large design in Corel to go be engraved over 4 granite tiles. How can I split the design when it's finished ? Do I just use the knife tool in Corel ?

Thank's for answers, Andrea

onur cakir
04-02-2009, 4:02 AM
Hi Andrea;

If you have 4 x ( 20 cm x 20 cm );

-Draw "1" box with dimension 20 cm x 20 cm with no fill and hairline.
-Set your "duplicate distance" X to 20 cm
-Press ctrl+D. Now you have exact 2 boxes.
-Set your "duplicate distance" Y to -20 cm
-Select 2 boxes that you created.
-Press ctrl+D. Now you have exact 4 boxes.
-Select all the boxes and group them
-Select your image and Effects-Powerclip-Place inside container.
-Aim on your group of boxes.
-Once the image is located in group of boxes ungroup them. Now you have tiles from your images.

Jeanette Brewer
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
You might find this link helpful -- > http://www.epiloglaser.com/tiling_graphics.htm

Dave Johnson29
04-02-2009, 5:11 PM
You might find this link helpful -- > http://www.epiloglaser.com/tiling_graphics.htm

Hi Jeanette,

I started out helpful, but when I got to the Graph and it said to enter "3" in the orange outlined box and press Enter, the 3 shows up but then nothing happens when I press Enter.

Clicking the orange box prior to that page and also the "Start" and Next" buttons on the first two pages worked fine.

Anthony Welch
04-02-2009, 5:43 PM
After you enter "3" and press "enter" it jumps to the horizontal and you are to press "2" and press "enter"again. That little orange box is booger to find.

Andrea Weissenseel
04-03-2009, 7:35 AM
Thank you Onur, worked out very well :D

onur cakir
04-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Thank you Onur, worked out very well :D

You're welcome, that was the first case to solve when i started my laser business :cool:

Michael Simpson Virgina
05-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks Onur. Your procedure worked perfect for my first 4x3 set of tiles.

FYI the procedure on the Epilog site does not work with version 14 for Corel.

George M. Perzel
10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Onur;
Thanks-great tip
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Lee DeRaud
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM
FYI the procedure on the Epilog site does not work with version 14 for Corel.Actually it does, but you have to do what they say, not what they show.

In X4, they added a new "Table" tool whose icon looks just like the Graph tool and is in roughly the same place...then they hid the "real" Graph tool under the polygon flyout.

Bill Cunningham
10-10-2009, 7:55 PM
Actually it does, but you have to do what they say, not what they show.

In X4, they added a new "Table" tool whose icon looks just like the Graph tool and is in roughly the same place...then they hid the "real" Graph tool under the polygon flyout.

Ya!! That drove me nuts, until it was pointed out to me, where to find the tool I needed.

Mark Ross
10-12-2009, 8:50 AM
Many thanks Onur, I haven't had the time to fully learn Corel Draw and I know I am about to get hit with just this question.

onur cakir
10-12-2009, 8:53 AM
You all are welcome;

As this is an very old topic maybe admins should make it "sticky" as many people has this problem.

Wolf Carter
08-30-2015, 8:19 AM
You all are welcome;

As this is an very old topic maybe admins should make it "sticky" as many people has this problem.

So here it is, 5 years after this topic began and I have a question about the subject... I have had my business for 2 years, and I'm about to make my first Laser Tile mural to use as part of my advertising and expansion. I have created my mural in CorelDRAW (24 x 18", using 6 x 6" tiles) and I know about power clipping and such. My question is about taking into account the grout space between tiles when creating the mural. I'm sure that is going to have an effect on the finished product, so how do I make that part of my equation during creation? Thank you for any and all help!

George M. Perzel
08-30-2015, 8:53 AM
Wolf;
Tile murals are usually done with no grout space-just butt the tiles together. If they are in a shower=like area which requires grout, then use Onur's method and add long thin grout boxes between the tiles before you nPowerclip-recognizing that the portions of the mural within the grout boxes will not show up-makes a kind of chopped up mural.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Wolf Carter
08-30-2015, 8:26 PM
Thank you, George.