PDA

View Full Version : Display model Ridgid 6" Jointer ($300)

Chris Konikowski
04-01-2009, 6:30 PM
What do you think. It is missing the push blocks (I have some already), the power cable is cut part way (pretty easy fix), and the fence hold down is missing its nut and washer and I would have to chase the threads on the bolt. Blades look good, and everything else appears to be there and in working order.

So, do I pull the trigger or let it go...:D

Dan Bundy
04-01-2009, 6:34 PM
Mine wasn't a display, so it had all of it's parts, but I've thoroughly enjoyed using it. I've had it for 3-4 years now and it's done a good job. DB

Jason White
04-01-2009, 6:34 PM
I have one. Good, solid little machine.

The push blocks that come with it are crap anyway. A bolt and washer is easily replaced. I'd still try to talk them down a little though.

Jason

What do you think. It is missing the push blocks (I have some already), the power cable is cut part way (pretty easy fix), and the fence hold down is missing its nut and washer and I would have to chase the threads on the bolt. Blades look good, and everything else appears to be there and in working order.

So, do I pull the trigger or let it go...:D

Chris Konikowski
04-01-2009, 6:56 PM
The store has it new for $430. How much would you expect to pay for a display with a few issues? What should I shoot for?

chris dub
04-01-2009, 7:05 PM
I picked up a new one on clearance for $300 about 6 months back in central NJ. They can usuallly do 10% easy, heck that's a movers coupon that can be found at the post office. $250 seems like a nice compromise.

Ray Dockrey
04-01-2009, 8:07 PM
When I bought mine it was a display and looked like it had been a demo at one time. It was the old gray one still sitting on the floor. They were switching over to the present color. Mine needed new bolts to hold the top to the stand, the rear fence hold down casting had a small crack in it and it was missing the push blocks. I got it for a $100 and it has been awesome. The crack is in a spot that has no load on it and after two years is still the same as when I brought it home.

Michael Donahue
04-01-2009, 9:00 PM
$300 is not unreasonable, but you can usually haggle some at HD. That's what I'd try to do! I have the same jointer and love it. I don't know what sort of abuse it's seen on the floor, but mine was set up perfectly out of the box :cool:

Stephen Edwards
04-01-2009, 9:44 PM
+1 for $250..........or less.

Eric Roberge
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
you can usually haggle some at HD. That's what I'd try to do!

Talk to a department manager. They will work with you if they want to move it.

Good luck.

Brent Leonard
04-01-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd pass at $300.