PDA

View Full Version : Completed and delivered

Alfred Hoffmann
04-01-2009, 5:50 PM
Just delivered the bunk bed I was working on for about six weeks to my grand sons in Columbia, MO. The wood is pine with three coats of polyacrylic. I made an extra closing fence for the bottom bunk for the two year old. I underestimated the agility and determination of a two year old. He had no problem "escaping". I should have known from my own boys that that was a futile effort.
The post is made from four sections. That design was copied from another fellow. The inner opening of the post is 1" and perfect for a 1" dia. dowel serving as the connector between both bunks.

John Keeton
04-01-2009, 7:10 PM
Really nice build!! I like the finish, and style.

You just can't beat bunk beds for kids - especially boys. We have 3 sets of bunk beds, with 2 trundles in our "grandkid's dorm room." Put 8 kids in there and life gets interesting really quick!

Michael Donahue
04-01-2009, 8:53 PM
Just delivered the bunk bed I was working on for about six weeks to my grand sons in Columbia, MO. The wood is pine with three coats of polyacrylic. I made an extra closing fence for the bottom bunk for the two year old. I underestimated the agility and determination of a two year old. He had no problem "escaping". I should have known from my own boys that that was a futile effort.
The post is made from four sections. That design was copied from another fellow. The inner opening of the post is 1" and perfect for a 1" dia. dowel serving as the connector between both bunks.

That's nicer than the bunk beds I had growing up! :D I love the pine too....it's doesn't look like that junk you get at the borg!

John Thompson
04-02-2009, 10:33 AM
The pine looks nice and the bed is unique to me in the fact I don't think I have ever seen a bunk done in Mission style before. All quite pleasing down to the finish.

Well done...

Sarge..