PDA

View Full Version : Router in Saw Table

George M. Perzel
07-25-2004, 1:24 PM
I've seen a couple of adaptations which place a router alongside the table saw in the same table. Does anyone have experience witth this setup? I am redoing my shop and have the option of using this type of setup or having separate units. I sense a problem having the router work surface at the same level as the table saw as the router seems more comfortable operating at a higher level-finesse height versus power height per FWW.
I appreciate your comments and experiences.
George M. Perzel

John Christiansen
07-25-2004, 1:30 PM
I don't have any space to waste in my shop, so I wouldn't want it in any other place, and table saw heigth is perfect for a router table too.

http://www.jcshop.netfirms.com/routebench.htm

Ken Garlock
07-25-2004, 1:58 PM
I don't have any space to waste in my shop, so I wouldn't want it in any other place, and table saw heigth is perfect for a router table too.

http://www.jcshop.netfirms.com/routebench.htm

Very, very nice job, and the pictures added a lot to understanding your project - nice web page. Someday I hope to build a similar table. I also like the cabinet you built under the router table.

Steve Clardy
07-25-2004, 6:52 PM
Well here's mine. It does come in handy. Only problem, when the router and plate is removed, is the hole that,s left. When cutting 1/4 ply, sometimes it hangs in the hole if the piece is sliding over it. I need to make an insert to cover the hole up to prevent this.
Steve

John Olson
07-25-2004, 10:10 PM
My table saw came predrilled for a router. That is what sold me on the table saw. I have a big router in a table I build my self which I do a lot of things. But I like the small router in the table saw. It is very convenient for small projects.

Doug Jones
07-26-2004, 5:35 AM
Delta contractor saw with an MLCS router table.

Jerry Ingraham
07-26-2004, 1:50 PM
I have had my router mounted in my extension table for years and it has worked very well. I am now going a bit further, in that I've got a Grizzly 1023 on the way and I plan to keep my C-man saw and dedicate it to dado usage. I fortunately have the room to mate the two saws together with a common table in between, which is where I'll mount my router. I've been thinking of building a cabinet whose top would be the shared table. I cannot think of any negatives for this setup but I'd welcome input.
Jerry