PDA

View Full Version : A sticky for shows/events? Keith?

Dan Hintz
04-01-2009, 1:10 PM
In looking through past threads, I realize just how many shows/events I've missed attending. Would anyone else have an interest in a sticky thread that gave info on upcoming shows (websites, locations, etc.)?

I could have attended ARA this year had I been properly forewarned...

Keith Outten
04-01-2009, 1:36 PM
Dan,

Our Calendar is the proper place for scheduled events. It is underused but that can change if everyone will use it...and then it will be very valuable. The Calendar is easy to find, it is on the blue menu bar at the top of every page.

Calendar events that are in the 45 day window are also listed at the bottom of the main menu so its easy to see what events are in the near term.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Mike Null
04-01-2009, 3:44 PM
Dan

I posted the ARA on the calendar in ample time. That doesn't help you now but I try to post regional and national shows on the calendar.

Angus Hines
04-01-2009, 4:00 PM
LOL we both posted The Mid Atlantic Event to the calendar Keith so now they are both showing up at the bottom of the home page.

But I dont ever think to look at it. I like the stickys better they are easier to look at. Plus they are right up there in front of you every time you look.

Keith Outten
04-01-2009, 7:51 PM
I have been trying to get people to stop posting events in our Forums. It doesn't make sense to archive time sensitive events in topic specific forums.