PDA

View Full Version : Smoking OF2200

Jonathan Spool
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
My wife bought me a OF2200 router for my birthday last week. Before I even had a chance to use it, her dog took a whiz on it. It cleaned up well, but when I used it last night hogging out a huge mortise, smoke began pouring out of it. Kind off smelled like a mixture of burnt plastic an electric. Is this usual for this router to do this?
BTW, the dog is still alive!

John Lucas
04-01-2009, 12:45 PM
No, it isnt typical. The dog wizzing only suggests that some liquid got inside. You can try it again and see if after a couple of times smoke dissipates...or you can call Festool and send it back. They have the best return policy of any company we know. That router is too expensive and sweet to not have it work perfectly.
Is this April Fools posting?

Rod Sheridan
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Is this usual for this router to do this?

Absolutely, check article 6, section 1.1, subsection (C) in your owners manual.

Dog urine is only compatible with DC (Dog Current), applying AC (Alternating Current) is in contravention of your owners agreement.

Secondly, do you think your dog was commenting on the quality of the router?:D

Regards, Rod.

P.S. I had a Doberman urinate on the top of my 17" bandsaw once.

Steve Clardy
04-01-2009, 2:25 PM
[quote=Jonathan Spool;1097216]Is this usual for this router to do this?
quote]

Absolutely, check article 6, section 1.1, subsection (C) in your owners manual.

Dog urine is only compatible with DC (Dog Current), applying AC (Alternating Current) is in contravention of your owners agreement.

Secondly, do you think your dog was commenting on the quality of the router?:D

Regards, Rod.

P.S. I had a Doberman urinate on the top of my 17" bandsaw once.

You must have 1 tall dog. :eek::D

Joe Hardesty
04-01-2009, 2:34 PM
I think your dog voided your warranty, but your wife is a keeper.

Vince Shriver
04-01-2009, 2:52 PM
That's a pizzza. Aside from the stupid pun, I'd talk to Festol and see what they can do for you. Good Luck.

Matt Meiser
04-01-2009, 2:54 PM
The dog must be an <insert your favorite brand here> fan.

Rod Sheridan
04-01-2009, 3:22 PM
[quote=Rod Sheridan;1097245]

You must have 1 tall dog. :eek::D

Well, he was tall, however what he did was urinate in the floor boot for the living room, which ran down the duct until it found a seam, right over my bandsaw of course.

Some cleaning and bearing replacement and the bandsaw was back in business.......Rod.

Tom Leasure
04-01-2009, 4:47 PM
My wife bought me a OF2200 router for my birthday last week. Before I even had a chance to use it, her dog took a whiz on it. It cleaned up well, but when I used it last night hogging out a huge mortise, smoke began pouring out of it. Kind off smelled like a mixture of burnt plastic an electric. Is this usual for this router to do this?
BTW, the dog is still alive!

If the router was plugged in your wife has a real tough dog