PDA

View Full Version : Mannys Woodworkers Place?

James White
04-01-2009, 9:39 AM
Has anyone ordered from this vendor before? I am thinking about placing an order but have never heard of this vendor before. Prices seem good and shipping looks reasonable.

http://store.mannyswoodworkersplace.com/index.html

James

John Keeton
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
James, they are located in Lexington KY, about 30 minutes from me. Manny's has been around for years, and has always had a very active mail order book business. They also were the only "woodworking" shop in the area until WoodCraft came to Lexington and pounded them pretty hard. Good folks and credible to do business with.

James White
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
John,

Thank you. Some of their prices are so good it made me a little nervous. The Norton flattening stone, Veritas marking gauges and Crown mortising gauges for example. I think I will give them a try.

James

mike holden
04-01-2009, 10:56 AM
James,
I have bought from them at shows and have always been treated well. The prices are reasonable. I would have no qualms about ordering from them.
Mike

Doug Shepard
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
James,
I have bought from them at shows and have always been treated well. The prices are reasonable. I would have no qualms about ordering from them.
Mike

Same here.

Joe Scharle
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
He sells a ceramic knife that's just great!

Herbert Mulqueen
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
I am new in the home woodworking projects. I purchased a number of items from Manny's. The products and service have been first class and I felt that the price versus the quality was a good buy.

I had a question about one rosewood square, I bought 4. The girl was very very helpful and left me with the feeling that she do anything I wanted to make me happy.

She was excellent.

I know you all as a group are Woodpecker fans, but my only experience with them was totally unacceptable and a real negative girl. I have purchased a least $2000 worth of items which could have been Woodpeckers sales. Woodpecker will not get my business because of her attitude.

I will use Manny's again with no reservations.

Have a good day.

Herb