PDA

View Full Version : power clip help

Devon Jones
03-31-2009, 5:38 PM
well i have been hired to make a 3ft by 2ft picture on mirror and i was trying to think of the best way to do it? now i dont think all at once is good because the build up i get on a small 5x7 pic is crazy and i dont want to have the pic look all destorted from that. i was thinking that i could power clip it in sections of 5x7 and clean the lens after every section is complete. will it leave lines where the clips are if i use power clip? is there a different way that this could be done? my bed is 36x24 thanks

Ed Bagley
03-31-2009, 7:23 PM
Devon,
Here's a good tutorial on using tiles and power clipping.
http://coreldrawtips.com/videos/standard/printing_tileImages.html

EJ Bagley
Grapevine Graphics

Devon Jones
04-02-2009, 10:15 AM
thank you that helped a lot. now i have another question about a 2ft by 3ft mirror i did a test run of one and it seems that the image is distorted. i opened it and set the size and dpi right and all the settings that i usually have and now it looks horrible. if it is bigger do i have to higher or lower the dpi? do something else? any help would be great thanks!

Bill Cunningham
04-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Depending on the photo, I use 150 to 300 dpi for mirrors.. Just do all your photo brighting, resampling, sizing etc. before running through photograv. Once your photograv file is done do not change anything as far as size is concerned. You can vary the engraving dpi by multiples. If your original file is 150 you can run it at 300, 600 1200 (depending on what your engraving) if your file is 300 dpi, and you run it at 400 or some odd number, it will look like crap..