PDA

View Full Version : Dewey Torres.....Fedex .....and the Bomb

Ken Fitzgerald
03-31-2009, 4:06 PM
You may remember that a few weeks ago I gifted Dewey with the Original Bomb so that he might officially be Vortexed.....Abysserated.....When the thing finally showed up..it had been destroyed by Fedex Ground.

In the interest of a timely Abysseration, I bought the replacement Jet1220VS at the Woodcraft in Colorado Springs and made Dewey pick it up himself.

I'm happy to say the I had it insured and after providing proof of it's value to Fedex, they paid off for the full value of the lathe and the bed extension.

The check showed up today and the LOML told me to order that disk sander I've been wanting.

Dewey...can you say "segmented turning?"

I'm off to see the Wizard....or actually to order my first piece of equipment from Shiraz's Grizzley company......

Steve Schlumpf
03-31-2009, 4:08 PM
Ken - that is great news! I was just about to PM you to find out the status! Which disk sander are you going to order?

Ken Fitzgerald
03-31-2009, 4:12 PM
Steve...I'm looking really hard at the GO529...spindle and disk sander.

Don Carter
03-31-2009, 4:19 PM
Ken:
Great news! But in today's economic environment, I'd cash that check before I ordered anything!;)
One good turn deserves another. I can't wait to see the segmented work.

Steve Schlumpf
03-31-2009, 4:27 PM
Ken - that looks like it would be a nice all-around sanding station! The only disk sander I have is on my old lathe and you are very restricted as to access and precision. Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Brian Brown
03-31-2009, 6:20 PM
Well Ken, it looks like you will be residing over in the west wing of the vortex for a while! Good Luck.

Bernie Weishapl
03-31-2009, 6:31 PM
Hey Fitz are you ever going to quit falling down in the depths of the black hole????:eek::cool:;):rolleyes::D

Congrats on getting the insurance. I definitely would cash that puppy as quick as I could.

Jeff Nicol
03-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Ken, That is great that it all worked out for you and you got the money back and the new disc sander will soon be in your arsenal of tools! Have fun and keep us in the loop of thr production of the segmented turning!

Jeff

Jim Kountz
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Good deal, glad it all worked out in the end. Congrats in advance for the new sander too!!

Dewey Torres
04-01-2009, 1:55 PM
Man I felt so bad about that whole deal until now. I am glad you got full price. The bomb has been getting great usage as you well know and I can't wait to see your segmented works. :cool: I will try some as well but there are just so many other turning things to do!

Loving it!:D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2009, 1:59 PM
Dewey...You shouldn't have felt bad. I didn't.

Enjoy my friend! You are doing well with it!