PDA

View Full Version : Need help 75 watt Epilog Legend EXT

Martin Boekers
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
I have been having issues with my Epilog.

Getting a "dropout" on smaller type

If i have 6 or 8 point type (Times New Roman)
on a lower case y yhe area between the "V" (top of the y"
and the dot on the tail dissappears.

I have replaced the "X" motor the PCB board, the encoder strip and now the laser.

I have a newer "twin to this laser about a year old" and it engraves this detail perfectly.

The laser I'm having issues with is about 6 years old, but it worked fine until last month and now I'm on a journey to get it back up and running.

Sooooooo.... what help I need if any one has a 75 EXT if the would run a test of a line of Times New Roman lower case y's at 6 & 8 points at 100 sp 35 power on laser brass and let me know if they have nicely formed y's or y's with drop outs.

This will much be appreciated!!!!!

Marty

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
03-31-2009, 1:34 PM
Hi,

I do understand the problem would be in the rails... Have you checked any play in the x axis

2. Check the settings of the machine, play with the laser match setting in the machine. Hope this would correct

Regards,

Saravanakumar

Martin Boekers
03-31-2009, 2:19 PM
Thanks for the input, I have replaced the x axis motor and belt tention is good.

Laser match settings, I'm not sure I know what that is

Marty

Justin Harrington
03-31-2009, 2:23 PM
Hi Martin

It's evening here so I'll give it a go on my machine in the morning for you. Not sure if I have any laser brass but I'll let you know.

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
03-31-2009, 2:30 PM
Hi,

Here its midnight, so once i reach my machine tommorrow i explain.

When you go to the settings options in the machine, you may see the laser match options, it should be -7 to 7. normal. play to some level you may find difference in laser matching.

may be 24EX 75watts of mine would be same as you,, guess so.

or see the manual to find the laser match option in your machine and try.

Rgds,

Saravana kumar

Rob Bosworth
04-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Martin, what machine are you trying to get back up and running. Is it a 36 EXT or a 32 EX? I don't think Epilog made a 36 EXT 6 years ago.

Martin Boekers
04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
It's a 36 EXT Legend actually looking at the manual its 4 years old

You guys are good!!!

Marty