PDA

View Full Version : starting to get back to normal

Chris Rolke
07-24-2004, 8:58 PM
after my surgery anyways

so far i havent really eaten anything since monday night ( i have lost like 13lbs )

did find out that me and morphine dont go well together

still have a lot of pain but its slowly getting better ( i want to go turn dammit)

1 hour till i get more pain medication :)

Waymon Campbell
07-24-2004, 9:03 PM
Chris - Hope everything went well and you have a good recovery. LOML has the same problem with morphine (she can't take it without it making her severely sick). I'll hoist a beverage to your return to turning ASAP :) .

Richard Gillespie
07-24-2004, 9:29 PM
Chris I hope the surgery takes care of whatever the problem was. I also, can't tolerate morphine. I start throwing up immediately.

I hope you can get back into your shop soon!

Dick Parr
07-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Glad your back Chris, bet it's been a long week for ya or maybe not :D . Know what ya mean about the morph :eek: I don't think it goes good with anything. ;)

Jim Becker
07-25-2004, 12:37 AM
'Glad you're on the mend. I also don't tolerate pain killers including morphene, nor does my mother. Tylenol is my choice!

Gell well soon and get back in the shop!!

Tony Falotico
07-25-2004, 9:22 AM
Hey Chris, Get well soon, the shop is waiting for you !

Earl Kelly
07-25-2004, 10:11 AM
Chris, hope you get well soon. Take care of your self and don't rush it.

Jack Wood
07-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Hope your well on the road to recovery:) As to Opiate derived pain killers a lot of people are sickened by it, but for big time pain it is the standard. Most people don't realize that morhine, percodan, lorecet, codine etc are all derivitives of or are sythetics forms of opium. Ask your Dr about a new drug out called Tramadol. Good pain management with fewer side effects. It's still opium based but more refined. Good luck with your recovery:)

Chris Rolke
07-25-2004, 1:04 PM
i am on acetomenaphen(sp) with codine

last night was rough ( spitting up blood very little sleep )

today i am much better can actually drink water, talk

cutting down on the meds a little to help recovery time

Ed Falis
07-26-2004, 2:35 PM
Best wishes with you for a straight road to recovery, Chris. Went through something similar back in Fall '02.

- Ed

Wes Bischel
07-26-2004, 3:00 PM
Chris,

I feel for you man. Just remember things will get better. One word of advise - don't be a "man" about the pain - I've seen too many guys try to "tough it out" without the pain killers only to make recovery much slower both physically and mentally. Me - I'm a sissy when it comes to pain. :p

We're pulling for ya'
Wes