PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pray for our Troops

Jerry Todd
03-18-2003, 5:11 PM
I know it is off topic but lets not forget to pray for our toops in harms way.

Jerry
Viet Nam vet, 67-68 US Army

Jim Stastny
03-18-2003, 5:58 PM
I'm with you Jerry.

Jim

USAF sentry/attack dog trainer-handler '68-'72. S.E. Asia '70-'71

Glenn Clabo
03-18-2003, 6:03 PM
Got a son in the AF. Fixin' F-16's... Not matter what I think of it all...I think of him.

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-18-2003, 6:44 PM
Dr. ZacK Jennings, Naval Dental Clinic, Key West, Florida '71-'73

OK, ....It was a 2 year vacation, best I ever had. My thoughts, however, are with the troops.

Paul Kunkel
03-18-2003, 6:58 PM
subjected to biological or chemical warfare!!:mad:

Martin Shupe
03-18-2003, 7:38 PM
I agree completely!! Let the war be swift, successful, and with as few casualties as possible...

Martin Shupe, LCDR, IRR

VS-22, CVW-3, USS John F. Kennedy,
Battle Force Red Sea, Desert Shield/Storm I, 1990-91

Dave Hammelef
03-18-2003, 7:44 PM
Lets always Pray for all people in harms way

Lee Schierer
03-18-2003, 7:57 PM
Let's hope this is right, but I pray for our troops and sailors anyway. My classmate is the Admiral in charge of the entoire navy part of this.

Capt USNR (ret) (too many commands & places to list)

Ron McNeil
03-18-2003, 8:37 PM
I'll pray for our troops and I'll pray for our President. God Bless America.

U.S Air Force/Crew Chief F4C Fighter Aircraft 1964 -1968

Tom Sweeney
03-18-2003, 8:59 PM
I never served - but very much appreciate all who have.

Martin I've been praying exactly for this & for our President to be a great leader for the last week or so.

Whatever you think about the politics I think everyone can agree to keep all the troops in our thoughts & prayers.

>>>>I agree completely!! Let the war be swift, successful, and with as few casualties as possible...

Martin Shupe, LCDR, IRR<<<

Cam.Hedrick
03-18-2003, 9:15 PM
I agree and thank you all as would every member of the armed forces if they could. I may be heading over, don't know yet and can't say what I do. My prayers are also for each and every person that is praying for our troops and leaders. Thank you.

Cam Hedrick, MSgt, USAFR
Charleston AFB, SC

Too Many other places to mention, but I'll include the following:

Operation Bulldog (Lybia), Operation Fuertes Caminos (Central America), Desert Shield/Storm, Desert Fox, Desert Strike I & II, and Operation Enduring Freedom.
:)

Von Bickley
03-18-2003, 10:19 PM
God Bless The USA

Von
319th. USASA
1968 - 1970

Dan Bussiere
03-19-2003, 9:45 AM
Folks,
I stood on the Kuwait City runway in the last war, getting the equipment reconstituted from the base denial efforts of the fleeing Iraqi soldiers so that we could repair the damage to the runway. I know, I KNOW!!! that prayers are felt by those of you that will do so. I hope that the efforts of our troops, the leadership of our President, and the support of our public will be as great as that which we felt the last time we were there. Hopefully, this will be the last time!

Dan
USAF 1976-1999
Too many places, too many operations to list!
Glad My Grandparents Moved From France!

John Longwitz
03-19-2003, 6:24 PM
..are always in our prayers. This may be the eve of many events. We hope and pray that all are well thought out and planned for.

I lost Dad when I was only 4. He had survived WWII from Normandy all the way to Czechoslovakia. Korea was a different matter. He was thrown in with mostly green troops from a division that had spent their time occupying post-WWII Japan. He was a squad leader, and the only casualty in the action, which leads me to believe that he was the only one confronting the enemy. I still have the Silver Star Medal they pinned on Mom.

Everything I've seen in the past many years tells me we have the best equipped, best trained, and most motivated military.

God bless and keep them all in his care,
John (US Army Security Agency-'65-'69)