PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Jessem sliding table

patrick ramsey
03-30-2009, 9:15 PM
I just recieved my new Jessem cross cut table. I have done the initial installation and have found I have a serious problem. I'm looking for some opinions before I start making modification which will be permanent.
I have a General 650, left tilt, cabinet table saw. It has a HTC fold down outfeed table. The out feed table restricts the tarvel of the Jessem cross cut tabel. This seems to be a problem only when the out feeed table is in the down position (not in use). I don't think one would need to use the cross cut table when the outfeed table is engaged. Other opinions on this assumption would be helpful.
To use the cross cut table when the outfeed table is folded down would require me to modify the out feed table such that the frame structure on the far left side (viewed from the operating the table saw) would have to be cut by about an inch and remove one small roller. It doesn't appear that this would cause any structural damage or weaknees to the out feed table. While this would give the Jessem the needed clearance, this becomes a permanent alteration, and is making me nervous.
It is however, very clear that I would not beable to use both the Jessem and the outfeed table at the same time. Which I repeat doesn't seem to be a problem. Has anyone expiereced this issue? If so, what was your solution.

William M Johnson
03-30-2009, 9:43 PM
I have the Exactor with a similar problem. I went ahead and cut the outfeed table down. I also had to cut the fence rail on the inboard side.

I have no problems and no regrets on the surgery

Bill

Ron Bontz
03-30-2009, 9:58 PM
I was just in the shop looking at my uni.. I Have the HTC out feed as well. If you don't want to do surgery, could you not just re-drill a few holes and move it over an inch or so? I'm not familiar with the general.

James Adinaro
03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
If you do go ahead with the surgery, please come back and post pics.

(I have the HTC outfeed on my Jet...)

patrick ramsey
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Great idea. went home right after work to see if that would work. Unfortunately it doesn't. Cabinet is not wide enough. I think I'm back to the surgery or a new outfeed table - which I don't want to do. don't want th eexpense.

Mark Carlson
04-01-2009, 12:56 PM
If were talking about a small distance (1in or so), what about mounting a small spacer between the slider and the main table saw.

I have a Jessem slider on a General G50 and love it.

~mark

patrick ramsey
04-01-2009, 4:18 PM
Again, another great idea. the distance in question is about 6 to 7 inches. I'm afraid a spacer of that distance would compromise the strenght Jesseem designed into the table.

Mark Carlson
04-01-2009, 4:29 PM
Yes, thats too big of a distance to make up. Cutting the outfeed table seems like the way to go.

Again, another great idea. the distance in question is about 6 to 7 inches. I'm afraid a spacer of that distance would compromise the strenght Jesseem designed into the table.