PDA

View Full Version : Help! I've lost his head!

Steve Clarkson
03-30-2009, 6:59 PM
Someone gave me this very poor quality picture. It appears that someone may have put some type of vignette or feathered mask around it......and it basically chopped off the top of his head.........

Does anyone know if this can be fixed......and how. I'm sure it has something to do with channels or something else that I have absolutely no knowledge of.

Thanks

Dave Johnson29
03-30-2009, 7:03 PM
Steve,

Try using the Clone tool in Corel PhotPaint.

Tim Bateson
03-30-2009, 7:10 PM
Yes cloning is the way to go. I remove people and objects from photos all of the time. When done right it would take an expert to see it.

Jani Pedersen
03-30-2009, 7:42 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is too much better, but I hope it will help a bit.

:)

Steve Clarkson
03-30-2009, 7:47 PM
Thanks Jani......but you didn't tell me HOW you fixed it.....remember.....give a man a fish.......

See.....Clone 1 and Clone 2 told me how they do it......sorry guys, couldn't resist the Dr. Seus reference!

Dee Gallo
03-30-2009, 7:51 PM
Here's my donation, Steve. I used the clone and airbrush. This is a pretty crappy picture in the first place, you know...

:) dee

Jani Pedersen
03-30-2009, 7:52 PM
lol

I used the burn tool in adobe, varying the exposure on it from 2% up to 9% and did small quick clicks around so that any lines didn't become too obvious. It literally took a few minutes. I kept zooming in to take a look too, it is just a quick fix but might be enough to give you a lead to work from.

What I have seen since I put that up though is that the background blue haze will probably need to be cloned around the head now as it looks as though there is a line going across where it stops.

Steve Clarkson
03-31-2009, 7:13 AM
Thanks ladies......but what you both made me realize is that now I need to get some PhotoPaint tutorials!!!!!!

Thanks!

Mike Null
03-31-2009, 7:24 AM
Steve

This tutorial will give you the info you need to fix that photo.

This site has a lot of free tutorials as well as a lot for pay. It's a great site for Corel.

http://www.unleash.com/jeffh/blemish/

Steve Clarkson
03-31-2009, 8:17 AM
Thanks Mike!