PDA

View Full Version : Thank U Bob Hamilton

Mike Stephens
03-30-2009, 6:34 PM
Bob here is my first attempt. I still have to turn a lid for it and I forgot to sign the bottom.

114467 114468 114469

I really enjoyed turning this project and with more practice I am confident that I will have something that I can be proud of.

Thanks for the informative videos. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

Hugs & kisses,
Mike

alex carey
03-30-2009, 6:41 PM
I would really call it an attempt when it turns out like that, great job.

Mike Stephens
03-30-2009, 7:03 PM
Please don't get me wrong I am thrilled. But I am also my own worst critic.

I always see room for improvement. For instance I used a Oneway Talon chuck and the inside of the rabbet got a little marred. I need to get some dovetail jaws for my chuck.

Steve Schlumpf
03-30-2009, 7:32 PM
Very nice work Mike! Looks like you paid a lot of attention to Bob's tutorial! Looking forward to seeing it complete with a lid! Keep up the good work!

Bob Hamilton
03-30-2009, 8:40 PM
Wow, looks like you did a pretty good job to me! Is that oak? I would have thought oak would be kind of splintery along the edges to be a good wood for this project, but it turned out very nice!

Take care
Bob

Mike Stephens
03-30-2009, 9:00 PM
Thanks Steve & Bob.

Bob it is quartered white Oak and it did splinter a little but I trimmed it with my smoothing plane. Just as you did in your video and that took care of it.

Bernie Weishapl
03-31-2009, 12:10 AM
Mike that is a great looking piece. Don't forget to post it with the lid. Yep turners are a fussy bunch. I to am to critical of my turnings.