PDA

View Full Version : Got my Stabil Clamps!

Russ Filtz
07-24-2004, 1:13 PM
Sorry, forgot to take a gloat picure! My 4-24" Gross Stabil Clamps came in last nite and they look pretty decent. Comparable if not better than Besseys (blasmphemy!) The "locking" mechanism is kind of floating on the screw, not integral to the head like K-bodies. Seems easier to lock the Stabil clamps. I've always had some difficulty getting the K-bodies to engage.

Bob Marino
07-24-2004, 3:01 PM
I got mine yesterday and the initial once-over is that are at least as well made as the Besseys and agree tha they seem a bit easier to engage. Thanks again John for the heads-up.

Bob

Jack Hogoboom
07-24-2004, 4:55 PM
Got mine yesterday. Quite a deal for $19.99. I wanted to get some longer ones, but the special was no longer available. Please keep me posted if they go on sale again. My first impression is that I'll like them better than the Bessey's I have.

Thanks for the tip.

Jack

John Miliunas
07-24-2004, 9:51 PM
Ooooooops......With all the house nightmar....errrrrr....remodels going on, I forgot to throw my "gloat" out here, too! :o Got my 6 yesterday, as well, but haven't even taken them out of the box yet! (Yeah...I'm *really* THAT busy!) Then again, I don't have to take them out of the box to know I like them better than my Besseys! :D Hey, don't shoot me; I still love the K's, but these GS units are GREAT! :) :cool: