PDA

View Full Version : replacement sleeves for belt sander needed

Gordon Davis
03-30-2009, 6:33 PM
Looking for a pair of rubber replacement sleeves for a vintage belt/disc sander.The pulley's measure's 6 1/8 wide X 3" dia. Thanks for any help.:)

Charles Lent
03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
On all of the belt sanders that I've ever owned or used, the sanding belt pulleys were metal with a slightly larger diameter in their centers to make the belt self centering. Are you sure that your pulleys were rubber covered from the factory? Somebody may have taped them to try to prevent the belt from slipping. Contacting the manufacturer would be the best way to get this answered, and also to buy replacements if they are available, or maybe suggest an alternative if they are not.

Charley

Gordon Davis
03-31-2009, 9:36 PM
Thanks Charley, I removed the original one from the drive pulley as it was torn up.The idler pulley is as you described,the manual parts list shows sleeves.Sander is 1950's craftsman model.

Gordon Davis
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Still searching:)

Charles Lent
04-02-2009, 2:08 PM
Try Sears. It's not likely that they'll have something, but maybe their newer sander has the same thing under a different part number. I've been working on a Jet and am comparing pictures of newer models to see what parts are really the same, but listed under different numbers. I haven't got the parts yet, but was quite successful in coming up with new numbers for what looks to be the same parts.

Charley