PDA

View Full Version : Newbie problems...

Josh Satterlee
03-30-2009, 4:55 PM
I am trying to restore my new-to-me table saw. It's a Craftsman 113.29992 that I inherited. I wanted to replace the cheapo pot-metal cranks handles. I backed out the set screw fully, but can't seem to get the "angle" crank off. Its busted and needs to be replaced, but can't seem to get it off!!! Any suggestions? I used WD-40 in the set screw hole and "tapped" it with a deadblow. It will not move, yet it spins freely on the shaft...

Problem #2 is that I read all the thread on how to improve this saw and they all said to install the PALS. Bought it, but the rear trunnion has 3 bolts and the holes are BARELY oversized. Will this affect things? Is it worth it?

Problem #3- bought pulleys from In-Line and can't seem to get the pulley on the arbor shaft more than 1/4". Aaarrrgggg!!!!

Am I just an idiot? I spent a ton of time this weekend and ended up with nothing!!! I feel like I will never actually build a project.

Julian Wong
03-30-2009, 5:39 PM
It will not move, yet it spins freely on the shaft...

Josh, make sure there is not another set screw in the handle. Sometimes Manufacturers put in 2 set screws to make sure the handle doesn't come off.

And I see now it doesn't!

If there is no second set screw in there, you prolly have to try a gear puller.

Dustin Lane
03-30-2009, 5:47 PM
owwm.com has a scan of a very similar saw model's manual. the first few pages contain exploded views of the saw. it may be helpful to reference those on how to take things apart.

direct link to the pdf:
http://www.owwm.com/pubs/222/2006.pdf