PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get these fonts?

bob pfohler
03-30-2009, 4:01 PM
I have a job that uses Gotham-Book and Requiem HTF Roman. Anyone know where I can get them?

Gary Hair
03-30-2009, 5:00 PM
If you can't find them free on fonts101.com then you'll probably have to buy them. As an alternative - have your customer send you their artwork with the fonts converted to curves/outlined and you won't need the font.

Gary

Scott Shepherd
03-30-2009, 6:30 PM
If it's for a customer and they have the font, no need to convert it to curves. It's perfectly legal for them to give you the font to reproduce their material, if they paid for the font. I've been buying up fonts I don't have for the last 2 years and only recently was educated on the fact that you can give the font to someone to produce work for you. They cannot use it for anything else, but you can certainly give (and ask) for fonts when you don't have them, and it's not illegal providing the agreement for those fonts states such (most do).

Mike Garick
03-30-2009, 8:13 PM
Also try dafont.com

bob pfohler
03-31-2009, 7:45 AM
If it's for a customer and they have the font, no need to convert it to curves. It's perfectly legal for them to give you the font to reproduce their material, if they paid for the font. I've been buying up fonts I don't have for the last 2 years and only recently was educated on the fact that you can give the font to someone to produce work for you. They cannot use it for anything else, but you can certainly give (and ask) for fonts when you don't have them, and it's not illegal providing the agreement for those fonts states such (most do).

The artwork has been supplied by the Museum. The artwork was designed and supplied by a company the museum no longer deals with.
They supplied files in FreeHand and I have to convert them all.

Scott Shepherd
03-31-2009, 8:35 AM
Gotcha Bob. Sometimes going back to them isn't an option, I understand. Just thought I would mention it just in case. I personally wasn't aware they could supply font files until recently.

Bill Cunningham
03-31-2009, 9:38 PM
A lot of times you can find 'almost' the exact same font with a slightly different name on many of the free font sites, and in most cases, the customer will never notice because quite frankly, they probably haven't read it anyway

Mike Burroughs
04-02-2009, 1:02 AM
Try 1001 free fonts . com
http://www.1001freefonts.com/

They have all kinds of fonts, even some pretty good corp. fonts.

Mike