PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Newfie Table

Guy Germaine
03-30-2009, 3:30 PM
Another Sofa Table, only this time in Cherry.

http://www.fototime.com/5412B833F15CEFB/standard.jpg

Prashun Patel
03-30-2009, 3:46 PM
Really beautiful. I love the quilted!

GERALD HARGROVE
03-30-2009, 3:57 PM
Very nice work, the inlays look great.

John Olson
03-30-2009, 4:40 PM
From now on only build in Cherry it bring out the best in you. It has nothing to do with the fact I love Cherry.

Jack Roberts
03-30-2009, 5:03 PM
I like that, very nice work!

Dave Verstraete
03-30-2009, 5:19 PM
Really Cool...but I'm thinking Corgi:D

John Keeton
03-30-2009, 6:47 PM
Guy, it's obvious that your woodworking has gone to the dogs!:D

Good work, and I love the curly maple! It goes with nearly anything, and cherry is a very good pick.

Don Bullock
03-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Guy, your work keeps looking better and better. This one is fantastic. I really love the wood choice and, as many here already know, I'm a "sucker" for contrasting wood.

Fortunately the SWMBO hasn't seen pictures of your tables yet or my next project would be making one just like this one with a basset hound as a serving table for the dining room. Perhaps after we're all moved into the new house and I have some time I'll give it a try.

John Thompson
03-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Nice job and looks great, Guy.

Sarge..

Guy Germaine
03-31-2009, 6:31 AM
Thanks Guys! What makes this one even nicer is, IT'S SOLD!!:D

I've made several of these for friends, and as donations to auctions, so it's nice to actually sell one. I have another one in the house made from walnut. I made it to sell on the Bay, but it never sold. The Newfoundland Club of America is holding their National show in Michigan this year, and they have asked our club to get donations for a silent auction. I am donating the walnut table, and the lady that is taking it will be putting my name on it, and telling everyone that I am "taking orders". Normally, shows this size draw anywhere from 5 - 10,000 people. Sure somebody will want one!

Dewey Torres
03-31-2009, 1:18 PM
Guy,
I see you tried a marquetry fan and it came out great. That was the first thing I noticed...duh!:) Great work.

Guy Germaine
03-31-2009, 6:22 PM
Thanks guys! In all honesty, the fans came out of necessity. I had not planned on doing anything more to the top except for the Newife, UNTIL I SANDED THROUGH THE VENEER in one corner. :mad:
It was either come up with something to "fix" it, or make a new top.

Dewey Torres
04-01-2009, 1:59 PM
Thanks guys! In all honesty, the fans came out of necessity. I had not planned on doing anything more to the top except for the Newife, UNTIL I SANDED THROUGH THE VENEER in one corner. :mad:
It was either come up with something to "fix" it, or make a new top.

You weren't supposed to tell us that but indeed the fans really work with this table. Your future customers will ask for them once they see these pics.

Guy Germaine
04-02-2009, 6:28 AM
I'm just being honest. Although I'm probably the only one that's ever sanded through the veneer on a project.:rolleyes:

Let's just hope there ARE future customers :D
Te next one I do will have "true" fans in it instead of the plain quarter-round fans I did in this one. They're not that much harder to make, and I think they look nicer.

Tom Sontag
04-02-2009, 9:02 AM
Looks great Guy. Spectacular, actually.

Glad you converted it into cash. I had no idea you were donating all these!

Guy Germaine
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks Tom. Yes, between friends, people helping me with training, and Rescue donations, this is actually the first one that I've sold. I have one in walnut that is going to Michigan in May, where probably 10,000 will see it. I'm hoping to get a few orders from that.

Jarrod McGehee
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Wow that table is SOOOO nice. I love the figure of the maple and the fan inlay is great.