PDA

View Full Version : A trio of eggs

Dewey Torres
03-30-2009, 7:07 AM
During my quest to be a better turner I found that one of the most difficult thing to turn are eggs. Seeing that it "tis the season" and the fact that I love a challenge led me to try a few. They were not easy and they are not perfect but I turned:
A solid
A hollow
And a kaleidoscope.

Thanks for looking!:)

ROY DICK
03-30-2009, 7:34 AM
Dewey,
Those look great!, good job. ( and I am not yolkin'). :D

Roy

Terry Quiram
03-30-2009, 9:02 AM
The first egg has the most pleasing shape. However I have a page on my reference board from an old encyclopedia that has pics of approx 100 eggs. Your egg shapes are well within the form of real eggs. Eggs are fun and you can use up a lot of nice figured wood making them. They are also quite marketable.

Dennis Peacock
03-30-2009, 9:05 AM
Beautiful eggs there Mr. Dewey Chief Sir. ;)

Looks like you've been residing in the shop at the lathe a good bit. Your skills show much practice standing at "the bomb". :D

Steve Schlumpf
03-30-2009, 9:23 AM
Dewey - real nice variety of eggs! I really like the hollow form (duh!) and it's detail ring! I think what I enjoy most about your turnings is your use of imagination and your ability to take a common form and step it up!

Very nice work! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Jim Kountz
03-30-2009, 9:30 AM
Dewey Cottontail, those are great man!! I like the kaleidoscope the best but all are very good!!

Bernie Weishapl
03-30-2009, 9:53 AM
Hey Cheif ya did good. Those are some great looking eggs. Well done.

Kirk Miller
03-30-2009, 10:22 AM
You did good on those Dewey. I like the shape of the solid, and the Kaliedascope the best. My pick is the Kaliedascope for the best of the 3. I think Ol Mr cottontail would be proud to take any of the 3 down the trail with him.

John Shuk
03-30-2009, 8:42 PM
Is this guy starting to tick anyone else off? Maybe it's just me but I think he's a ringer.
Really nice work Dewey.

Brian Effinger
03-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Very good looking eggs, Dewey. I really like the hollow one with the inlay. I like the stand you turned for it too. All very nice.
Your photography is coming along nicely too.

Dewey Torres
03-31-2009, 1:21 PM
Thanks for all the comments. It seems most of you like my work which drives me to try new and creative things. I have more ideas but no time so it might be a few weeks before I can post my next work.

Skip Spaulding
03-31-2009, 5:28 PM
Small , medium and large, sure look like eggs to me. Vrey nice.

David Drickhamer
03-31-2009, 6:28 PM
Nice eggs Dewey. Looking forward to seeing your next projects.
Dave

Jarrod McGehee
03-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Dewey those are sick! nice