PDA

View Full Version : SS blade alignment

Eduard Nemirovsky
03-29-2009, 5:56 PM
Hi, I can not find in a manuals or SawStop web site, but it is a possible to make blade alignment on contractor type SS?
When I bought a saw, I did check all alignments and everything was in perfect or good range. Now, after I start having burn marks with every blade - my fence parallel to the miter, but my blade deviated to the right for 0.015-0.017". By manual max - 0.010".
I can move far end of the fence to the right, but firdt I would like to find if it possible to align the blade.
Thank you,
Ed.

Ben Cadotte
03-29-2009, 6:13 PM
Not sure specifically about the Saw Stop contractors but on my Craftsman you have to loosen the trunions and shift them over. On my saw to get it truely aligned I had to shift the front over some as there was not enough room for the rear to take all the error out.

My most recent alignment I ended up taking the motor assy off and it made it much easier. On the Craftsman its just 2 bolts and the belt. Slide the motor and mount aft and thats it. In the future I will just do that first. Without all that weight hanging on the aft mount, made it a bit easier to get the rear right on.

John Jendro
03-29-2009, 6:27 PM
Ben, I believe you are supposed to leave the motor on when doing the adjusting, because you can throw you're alignment off when you add the weight of the motor back to the saw.

Ben Cadotte
03-29-2009, 8:06 PM
Ben, I believe you are supposed to leave the motor on when doing the adjusting, because you can throw you're alignment off when you add the weight of the motor back to the saw.

I checked again after putting the motor back on. Did not move.