PDA

View Full Version : versa laser problem

kyna cass
03-29-2009, 4:37 PM
Hello
Ive had a problem with my versa laser this morning and I'm wondering if anyone has a thought on what the problem could be....
Here is the scenerio:
I'm in the middle of a print job (rastering on metal) and in the middle of the job it just stops printing ! The power is on but the job just stopped ! So I turned the power off and started the print job over again. Now I can turn the power to the laser on from the computer but now there is no response from the machine . No laser beam present no movement of any axis (homing) NOTHING . The vcp shows the job is printing but the machines stays still ! Wierd... I hope its a simple problem. We just had the machine serviced and the wiring harness reconnected and souldered.It worked perfectly after that for only a month and a half ! Any thoughts...Its sunday and no techs are avail as we all know..Thanks in advance

Zvi Grinberg
03-29-2009, 4:45 PM
I would restart (or even power-off then power-on) the computer.
You may want to close the UCP if possible, prior to going down.

The Computer controls the Versalaser. When you turned the machine off, the controller still tries to communicate to it.

The reason for the hang-upis not clear. You need to verify that your USB connection is OK and the USB cable is good. This is where most of the communication problems reside. I hope you have XP with SP2 or antything later.

The Versalaser itself should be OK

kyna cass
03-29-2009, 5:01 PM
I did exit VCP and shut down the computer and restarted the whole Corel job and the problem is still present. I am using XP and it has been working famously until today. I did however noticed that when I pressed print an issue comes up and it says OUTPUT DOSN'T FIT ON MEDIA. I however didnt change any default settings. And I dont know if that would have any bearing on the laser having response issues.
Red and Yellow flashing lights appear on VCP when job is requested.

Dan Hintz
03-29-2009, 6:42 PM
What is your page size set to?

kyna cass
03-29-2009, 7:05 PM
Hello
Thanks for the response.
The size set is for 16x12 and that is the size of the laser bed. So it really dosnt make sense to me.hmmmm...

Zvi Grinberg
03-30-2009, 2:15 AM
Where is the top left of page located in Corel?

It's 0,0 and Y coordinates going down to negative values (down to minus 12")
It's on 0,12 and the 0,0 point is at the bottom left of the page

If this is the second option, then that might be you problem.
Click on the ruler, put 12" on the vertical ruler and the 0,0 will go to the top left - where it should be.

If it works, go to tools || options || document and SAVE

Brad Richard
06-07-2009, 4:56 PM
I am having the same problem you posted did you even figure it out and if so what was the problem

Brian Jacobs
06-07-2009, 7:01 PM
I experience that error when I have artwork outside the page. I've found it good practice to specifically select all the items to print, then make sure you choose the print 'selection only' button.

Things that could affect your job freezing usually center around the usb port. If you haven't' checked the throughput on your usb connection, you may want to test it and make sure that your average time is under 10. I've heard that numbers significantly higher may cause the buffer to freeze up. Also, for what's it's worth, I run an AC powered usb hub, especially when I'm lasering with my notebook computer. Notebook usb ports are way underpowered.

Good luck.

Gerd Spatz
06-08-2009, 6:30 AM
Yes, i am an VL-200 owner and i have/had this problem to:

see my posting from the year 2006:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=29176

but why this occurs? No idea.
I'm sure in my case it's an unknown softwareproblem.

if i had the specs of the driver outputfiles i want make some troubleshooting...

Brad Richard
06-08-2009, 7:00 PM
I called ULS today and they said its the CPU board and they are sending me another one.

kyna cass
06-14-2009, 1:24 AM
The problem ended up being a bad connection in the wiring harness. Although we had the original harness resoldered , it just did not do the trick .We had to purchase a new one. After carefully replacing the main wiring harness with the new one , the machine works perfectly.
By the way , this problem was existing with a brand new CPU already installed. So if you are having the same problem after installing your new CPU , I would bet money it's your wiring harness.
If you have the same machine as I do VL 200 the harness was under $200 . We were advised to have a technician install it, but with patience , two of us (my husband and I) replaced each connection right after unplugging the old one so we wouldnt lose our spot in the process . It wasn't that difficult. Hope this helps you .