PDA

View Full Version : ready for grandchild

kazek supinski
03-29-2009, 2:05 PM
here is a photo of the dresser.crib.and change table setup up at my son's place all walnut.grandchild comes mid. april.

gary Zimmel
03-29-2009, 3:07 PM
Beautiful bedroom suite for your grandchild.

Done with a little time to spare. Great job Kazek.
I'm sure you made your son and his wife are very happy.

J. Z. Guest
03-29-2009, 3:39 PM
Super-nice Kazek!

That walnut sure looks nice. I like the nice smooth curves too.

Ed Peters
03-29-2009, 8:01 PM
of the theme in walnut. Great lines and scale. I am a bit concerned about the space at the top of the end panels of the crib. Being a grandfather myself, I have become very sensitive to anything that might become a danger for my little guy.

Ed

Bruce Page
03-29-2009, 8:08 PM
That's a super nice set! Did you build it from plans?

I was only a week late with a cradle...:o

kazek supinski
03-29-2009, 10:16 PM
bruce no plans she gave me photo of what she liked and we went from there she come out to the shop a few times to make sure i was on the right track i think.but they are very happy.so it must be right.

John Loftis
03-29-2009, 10:59 PM
My wife (due in three weeks) happened to be hovering over my shoulder when I opened the picture. She looked at me for a minute, and said, "yep, that's exactly what I want."

"Umm... well, honey... uhhh. How do you feel about particleboard?"

Really great looking pieces. Wish I had the skill and the time. Maybe by the time the kids have kids. :)

John

Craig Nickles
03-30-2009, 1:00 AM
Very nice stuff. You now have family heirlooms for your family. Great job!

John Thompson
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Extremely well done on all three pieces. The walnut looks great and I do bet you had to move once she was expecting to complete all three pieces in time for the arrival. Job well done on all three counts...

Sarge..

Bob Rufener
03-30-2009, 12:04 PM
A beautiful set and one which you can be very proud of making. Now you'll have to get started on the bed for when the grandchild grows up which will happen before you know it. Now, if only we had a grandchild I could make things for.

Loren Blount
03-31-2009, 8:44 AM
Great looking set. I set out to build a set of 3 for my first child, but only got the dresser done in time and bought the other 2. Great job they will be passed down through generations for sure.

Loren

GERALD HARGROVE
03-31-2009, 9:22 AM
Very nice set. Reminds me, I need to get started on another crib, my second child will be here in June.

kazek supinski
03-31-2009, 11:48 AM
thanks for the reply's. and bob your right the baby is not here yet and they are ready talking about the bed oh well i do in joy it just wish i had more time to do wood working

tody Brock
03-31-2009, 12:59 PM
how and with what did you finish it

kazek supinski
03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
i use a hvlp sprayer it works very well for me i get very little over spray.but before i spray anything i do sand it with 280 grit