PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help from MiniMax S45 owners

Bob Langleyca
03-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Hello

I have a MiniMax s45 that I bought a few years ago and that I've had a hard time getting to run to my satisfaction. I'd appreciate any input from current owners of a similar saw.

My first area of concern is what kind of tires to install and where to get them. MiniMax doesn't supply them and even suggested once that I might want to buy a new wheel with a tire on it for $300. Carter supplies 2 tyupes of tires that are 1.5" wide and would need to be cut down to fit the S45.

I've also been told by MiniMax that the tires should be crowned and another time that they should be flat so it would be great to hear from actual users of this saw about what they have found to work.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Tom Davis
03-30-2009, 7:29 AM
Bob:

I replaced the tires on my S45 (I no longer have the saw) with the Carter rubber tires (glued on) and they were excellent. I tried the Polyurethane Carter tires, but they would not stay on my saw.

Tom

Bob Langleyca
04-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I've used those before but found that their thickness (3/16") placed the blade further to the right than is optimal. Any thoughts about that?