PDA

View Full Version : Web site question

Jim King
03-28-2009, 7:20 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a web site where you can just drag and paste photos and add the script as you like ??

Thanks

Colin Giersberg
03-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Personally, I don't know of any. I belong to FM Forums, and if you want to post a photo, then you click on "New Topic" in the bottom right corner of the page. From there, you can type in what you want to say, and below that are three "upload" boxes. Click on BROWSE, find your picture and double click on it. If you want the photo framed on the webpage, then select your frame from the options.
In order to do the above things, you must have an account with FM Forums (Image Upload) or use a service like Imageshack, etc. FM Forums is a paid subscription of around $40 or $50, and it is only good for a year, but you can upload as often as you want on the same subject. I think you can only start one new topic per day, but I may be wrong on that. I believe I started two a couple of weeks ago, but that may have been due to the day changing at midnight.

There may be a website like you want, but I have never heard of one. I belong to several photography forums (FM Forums, DP Review, Nikon Cafe and Planet Nikon), and as far as I know, they all require a paid membership in order to upload photos. As far as image uploads, FM Forums is the only one that I have any experience with in that regard. I just signed up for DP Review, so I have no photo posting experience there, and the other two are the same as far as photo posting goes.

Sorry for the somewhat winded reply, but maybe this will help you in what you are looking for.

Regards, Colin

Frank Hagan
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Jim, are you thinking about an easier way to create a website rather than posting photos to an existing website?

There are some "WYSIWYG" (what you see is what you get) HTML editors that allow you to create web pages in a manner similar to how you create a Word document. You can cut and paste text, images, etc. into the page.

Many of the popular content management systems like Joomla, Drupal, etc. have editors that approach this kind of functionality. One editor I install with those systems that people like is the FCKEditor. You can use a demo of it at http://www.fckeditor.net/demo to see how its used.

Craig D Peltier
03-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is a web site where you can just drag and paste photos and add the script as you like ??

Thanks

Do you mean your own site? Then if so sitebuilder.com allows this.