PDA

View Full Version : IWF Atlanta Show

Mark J Bachler
07-23-2004, 3:17 PM
Anybody off the board going to the big one???????

Jim Becker
07-23-2004, 9:35 PM
I wanted to go, but between my business travel lately and the AAW Symposium I'm at right now...plus Five Barns next weekend, I'm pretty much tapped out for shows until the fall. I really enjoyed myself there two years ago, however. Wear comfortable shoes...the Georgia World Congress center is a very big place...so big that the earth curves about 3/4" from one end of the facility to the other, according to a friend of mine who is a "local". :D

Bob Marino
07-23-2004, 9:47 PM
I will be there at the Festool booth Thursday through Saturday. Tom Silva will be demonstrating the tools Friday and Saturday. Anyone going by all means stop by and say hi. :)

Bob

Mike Palmer
07-23-2004, 10:59 PM
I plan on going on Saturday. I usually drive over for a long day since Atlanta is only a little over 2 hours away. The show is great and VERY big. Lots of Toyls.

Bob, I will make a point of stopping by the Festool booth to say Hi. Any specials going on for the show??

Bob Marino
07-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Mike,

Hopefully I will be there the whole day, looking forward to meeting you and other Creekers stoppin' by.

Specials for the show? Not sure, but I will find out and let you know.

Bob

Richard McComas
07-24-2004, 12:20 AM
My brother and I will be attending. We arrive the day before and leave the day after. Among the many things I want do and look at will be a stop at the Festool booth and meet Bob Marino and maybe place my first Festool order.

John Renzetti
07-24-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm flying down on Thursday morning and flying back home on Sunday afternoon. I'll look out for the familar names and faces. Looking forward to seeing Rich and his brother Bill again. I'm going to stay away from Bob Marino and Festool since I have to save my money for a wide belt.
This will be my 5th IWF. I think there is somewhere close to 1 million sq ft of exhibit space. Something for everybody. Best to wear comfortable shoes and plan on spending at least two days at the show-three is better.
Rich, did you get somebody to get that Enco stuff for you. Let me know.
take care,
John

Richard McComas
07-24-2004, 2:42 PM
I'm flying down on Thursday morning and flying back home on Sunday afternoon. I'll look out for the familar names and faces. Looking forward to seeing Rich and his brother Bill again. I'm going to stay away from Bob Marino and Festool since I have to save my money for a wide belt.
This will be my 5th IWF. I think there is somewhere close to 1 million sq ft of exhibit space. Something for everybody. Best to wear comfortable shoes and plan on spending at least two days at the show-three is better.
Rich, did you get somebody to get that Enco stuff for you. Let me know.
take care,
John

John, I'm also looking forward to seeing you and the other hard core Felder boys, one word of warning, if you are going to help man the Felder booth like you usually do I want a some of your time. I'll have a lot questions on upgrading my slider to the x-roll table.

Brian Lamb is taking care of my Enco order for me. You know Brian, he likes to make things cost effective so he is adding some items to my order to reach the free shipping status, then will the mail my "stuff" on to me. I got several offers on the order including one from Paul Jordan.

See you there. Rich
BTW which wide belt are considering?

John Renzetti
07-24-2004, 5:35 PM
"See you there. Rich
BTW which wide belt are considering?"

_Hi Rich, I'm going to help out for a few hours on Friday and Saturday. That's the busy time and when the most questions come up.
I'm looking hard at the Bridgewood like you have and also the Powermatic. I saw the Safety Speed Cut 37" WB at the Hartford show, and it was nice. The Timesavers Speedsander is nice also. But I don't think I can justify spending that much especially when the Bridgewood or the PM is all the capacity I really need.
That's great that Brian is helping you out. I've not had much time and saw your problem with shipping and forgot to reply.
talk to you later,
John_________________