PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Present

Thom Sturgill
03-28-2009, 4:37 PM
One of my nieces is getting married next week, so I decided to turn a gift for her. I haven't posted many pics, and I needed to take some of this project. I promised some club members that I would post some when I finished it since I did not have the finial or base
turned when I took the center piece to the last meeting.

This is just my second HF. This is Ambrosia maple (HF 7 1/2" x 3") with a Cocobolo finial and base with curly maple foot. 17" tall assembled. I have not glued the 'collar' and may glue the finial to it to act as a box lid. The collar sits on a rabbit. I do not intend to glue the HF to the base.

Steve Schlumpf
03-28-2009, 5:05 PM
Thom - that is a very interesting design! Beautiful woods and finish! Never seen a pedestal that is cut-out at the top - pretty cool! I am sure your niece and her husband will love it! Really nice work!

Bernie Weishapl
03-28-2009, 5:40 PM
Thom definitely a different look and I like it. Woods look good together.

Dave Carey
03-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Thom,
Very creative idea. You mention this is one of your nieces. Better start turning 'cause when the rest of them see this .... Cheers

Jarrod McGehee
03-29-2009, 1:44 PM
Thom, that is quite imaginative. I really like the cut out at the top of the base. it's a beautiful piece.

Don Carter
03-29-2009, 2:21 PM
Thom:
That is a very unusual piece. I like it! I love the woods and your workmanship. This is going to be a great gift that I am sure your niece will enjoy for years.

All the best.

Don