PDA

View Full Version : Another question about Ryobi One+ 18 volt charger

Louis Brandt
03-28-2009, 2:31 PM
Hello,

Since I posted my earlier question about charging my Ryobi One+ 18 volt tools, I found that Ryobi sells a “dual chemistry” 18 volt charger, model number P113.

According to the information on the box, it will charge both the Lithium-Ion and the older NiCad batteries. I had previously assumed that you needed one charger for Lithium-Ion and a different one for NiCad.

Has anyone used this dual chemistry charger to charge the older Ryobi 18 volt NiCad batteries, and does it do the job? If so, I’ll get this charger for my NiCad batteries, and I’ll be able to move up to Lithium-Ion later.

I’d been trying to find the Ryobi model P110 charger for my NiCad batteries, but Home Depot isn’t carrying that one anymore. If the P113 dual-chemistry model will do the job for both types, I’ll be better off getting that one.

Comments?

Thanks,
Louis

Frank Trinkle
03-28-2009, 3:12 PM
WIth all due respect... that is exactly what I tried to tell you in your earlier thread.

YES... the P113 will charge BOTH lithium and the older ones... and YES it does it fast and with a full-on indicating system.

The other advantage is that when you finally get tired of recharging old batteries, it will handle the lithiums that you are most likely gonna buy eventually...!:)

Lance Norris
03-28-2009, 3:45 PM
As Frank above has posted,,, yes, the new green charger for the lithium-ion batteries will charge the Nicads. I have many of the blue tools and have 4 Li-ion batteries for them. These new batteries really breathe new life into the older tools. Also the battery "gas gauge" on the li-ion batteries is great. Its also nice to grab a battery you charged a month ago and its still up to full charge. Try that with the Nicads.

Louis Brandt
03-28-2009, 3:50 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. I guess that I didn't understand your earlier answer to my question, but I do now. I'll definitely get that dual-charger.

I should also explain that since I posted the original question, I realized that the charger that came with my Ryobi "promo" kit didn't have either the regular charger or the dual charger. It had a small (much cheaper) model that I found out that Ryobi puts in their "promo" kits. It's the one that doesn't indicate when the battery is fully charged.

Thanks again,
Louis

Mike Gager
03-28-2009, 6:07 PM
i have the ion lithium charger that came with my lithium tools and it charges regular batteries just fine. ive had it for like 2 years, not sure the number

edit - i just went and looked and it is the P-113