PDA

View Full Version : speaking of outfeed table...

Russ Boyd
03-28-2009, 1:27 PM
Does anybody have an idea for a side support on the table saw. I'm talking the left of the blade where you generally have only several inches. I have a pm2000 where the motor cover protrudes a bit. Any ideas. I would also want it movable or hinged (remember the motor issue)Thanks for any ideas. Russ

Jeff Willard
03-28-2009, 2:37 PM
You'd probably get the most utility from a sliding table on that side.:eek:

Jim O'Dell
03-28-2009, 2:58 PM
How about building a mobile multipurpose infeed/outfeed type table? Or if you have/need a separate router table, making it the same height as the TS to serve multipurpose? I have cabinets on the west wall with a finished height to match the TS that help to support wood to the left of the blade up to a certain length. Jim.

Danny Thompson
03-28-2009, 7:33 PM
What about an adjustable rail?

A few months ago FineWoodWorking had an "Ultimate Crosscut Sled" article that incorporated an adjustable rail to the left of the saw. The rail may be just what you need.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Workshop/WorkshopPDF.aspx?id=30757

If you don't have a subscription to the FWW site, then you can Google Image "Ultimate Crosscut Sled Dan" to see one built by one of their readers and posted in another forum.

Russ Boyd
03-28-2009, 7:48 PM
What about an adjustable rail?

A few months ago FineWoodWorking had an "Ultimate Crosscut Sled" article that incorporated an adjustable rail to the left of the saw. The rail may be just what you need.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Workshop/WorkshopPDF.aspx?id=30757

If you don't have a subscription to the FWW site, then you can Google Image "Ultimate Crosscut Sled Dan" to see one built by one of their readers and posted in another forum.
Thanks Danny, now that's a good idea. I might give that a shot.

Russ Boyd
03-28-2009, 7:52 PM
Jim and Jeff, thanks for the ideas. I'm short on space or maybe just stingy with what I've got, so don't really want anything else too big in the way. I don't need this often, so want it to be small and out of the way. I'm not real sure what you mean about a sliding table though. Please elaborate if you think it might work for my space problem. Thanks again for the input. Russ