PDA

View Full Version : best price for Jet 1642

Paul Rains
03-28-2009, 1:24 PM
Best price I can find shipped, taxed, etc. is on amazon Jet 1642 2hp, shipped to richmond ky for $2332, anyone done business with amazon on big tool, problems issues etc? Do you get jet extras, it doesn't mention it?

Steve Schlumpf
03-28-2009, 1:34 PM
Paul - finding a great deal is usually the most difficult part of getting the lathe. Here are 2 other vendors that a lot of us have had good success with. Looking forward to seeing photos of your lathe - once you get it!

http://www.osolnikmachinery.com/jet_2.aspx
http://www.toolnut.com/

Jim Kountz
03-28-2009, 1:39 PM
Definitely call Toolnut. Last time I checked with them the 3520B was under 2900. They dont give the prices on their webpage though you have to call.

Mike Spanbauer
03-28-2009, 1:52 PM
consider too that w/ the 12-14% Live cash back offer currently on Ebay (max $200 on 1 transaction) you may be able to find a sweeter deal. If you need instructions on how to use the live piece, go up to deals& discounts and you'll find what you're looking for.

G'luck!

mike

Dave Halter
03-28-2009, 1:53 PM
I bought my Jet 1642 1.5 on Amazon 2 years ago. They were on sale and it was the best total price I could find. I have bought several big tools through them and have never had a problem. The first 1642 arrived with some damage to the headstock threads (not Amazon's fault). I called Jet and they essentially told me that it wouldn't affect the performance and they weren't going to fix it under the warranty, but I didn't like that answer as I didn't pay that amount of money for a damaged machine. I called Amazon and they immediately picked it up and sent me a new one. As far as Jet customer service that is the only time I have ever had a problem with them. I have several Jet tools and have been very happy with them and customer service.

Dave

Gary Max
03-28-2009, 2:40 PM
I bought my 4224 from Amazon.

dennis kranz
03-28-2009, 4:40 PM
I have bought many times through Amazon. My Jet mini, the stand, PSI buffer and many more. If they have it for a better price I would go for it. So far they have not let me down.
Dennis