PDA

View Full Version : Tenoning Jig for SawStop Contractor Saw

brian watson
03-28-2009, 7:35 AM
Looking for tenoning jig reccomendation from fellow SS Contractor saw owners. Anyone out there with some thoughts, please share.

Lance Norris
03-28-2009, 3:58 PM
Brian... is there a reason you asked for SS owners? Any tenoning jig should work. The one Grizzly sells is the same as everybody else sells, for less money. Thats the one I use on my Unisaw.

Rod Upfold
03-28-2009, 4:27 PM
Are not the mitre tracks standard size?...if they are - go buy one, they are probably all are made at the same same place in China.

Rod

Frank Trinkle
03-28-2009, 4:40 PM
+1 on the Grizzly Tenoning Jig. Heavy duty and inexpensive. Does the job!

brian watson
03-28-2009, 5:07 PM
Brian... is there a reason you asked for SS owners? Any tenoning jig should work. The one Grizzly sells is the same as everybody else sells, for less money. Thats the one I use on my Unisaw.

Only reason I specified Sawstop is if there was any difference in the distance between the miter slots and the blade with different saws. If not, then no problem. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Mike Gager
03-28-2009, 6:05 PM
you could make your own that rides along the fence

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=66

Andy Pratt
03-28-2009, 8:03 PM
Only thing that could matter is if the miter slots are a different distance from the blade than on a standard saw. I have the SS cabinet saw and found the steel city tenoning jig to be superior to the other similiar models in a few minor but noteworthy details. I'm specifically comparing it the rockler but as someone else said, most of the ones out there are nearly identical, with different paint.

Don Bullock
03-29-2009, 11:56 AM

I use the same one on my SawStop.