PDA

View Full Version : Delta saw value?

Steve Rozmiarek
03-27-2009, 9:20 PM
I have a lead on a Delta X5 tablesaw coming up on auction. I doubt it will bring much, and I'm curious what these are selling for these days? Might pass it on to someone who will actually appreciate it here, if the price is right.

It's a single phase machine, with a 52" Biesmeyer. Runs good, could use a little TLC, just a tuneup really. What do you think? I don't even know what this saw sold for new.

Myk Rian
03-27-2009, 9:27 PM
$600 ± depending on condition. Being an auction, you never know. It could go way high.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I should clarify, I bought a 14" Walker Turner industrial radial arm saw from this same outfit, in decent shape, for $25. It's a local deal, and I really doubt it will bring more than a couple hundred on the auction. I am curious what they are bringing on craigslist or in private sales? Anybody know what they sold for new?

I don't need a new saw, I'm not kicking the Felder out to be replaced by a Delta, but the LOML is going to demand details, and projected cash flows if I accidentily bring this home.

Michael Donahue
03-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Just curious...where was it made? I have an X5 drum sander that was made in the US with a US-made Marathon motor. Maybe that could affect the price?

Bruce Page
03-27-2009, 11:00 PM
If it’s an X5 then it’s not very old. A 50” Biesemeyer adds to it. New, they’re going for about $1800. If you can get it for $600, jump on it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it went for $900+.
A fair asking price is usually 50% of new depending on condition.