PDA

View Full Version : Wow.

Eric L. Severseike
03-27-2009, 6:32 PM
A while back, there was a thread about potential liability associated with selling tools. Looks like this guy didn't get the memo:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/tls/1094156987.html

Oh boy.

Stay safe out there,

Eric

Bruce Page
03-27-2009, 6:39 PM
I got goose bumps just lookin at it! :eek:

Russ Sears
03-27-2009, 6:41 PM
Looks like something from a horror movie.

Paul Ryan
03-27-2009, 6:41 PM
And he's selling it too! I would just give it away.

Gary Lange
03-27-2009, 6:42 PM
I cut myself just looking at that. I would buy that if he was paying for me to carry it away.

Dewey Torres
03-27-2009, 6:43 PM
He should just throw that it the trash instead of selling it. Couldn't he get sued if someone cut themselves with it after admitting in his add that it is too scary to use? :confused:

Bruce Page
03-27-2009, 6:43 PM
There’s a nice pantograph engraver for $125 that I’d buy in a heartbeat. They have better deals in Hawaii than I see here in New Mexico. :confused:

Jacob Mac
03-27-2009, 7:00 PM
As a teenager I worked for a company that did firework displays for a pro sports teams and other big events. One day, we were cutting some pipe for a display, and my boss stuck his hand straight into a chop saw that didn't have a guard. Just looking at that ad makes me shudder.

Tom Veatch
03-27-2009, 7:06 PM
...Couldn't he get sued if someone cut themselves with it after admitting in his add that it is too scary to use? :confused:

Maybe that's his defense. "Look, it's your fault, not mine. I told you it was too dangerous to use, but you went ahead and did it anyway."

Gene Howe
03-28-2009, 4:35 PM
Good Lord!!

Jeffrey Makiel
03-28-2009, 7:05 PM
It will scratch that itch on your nose as well as cut wood.
-Jeff :)

Gene O. Carpenter
03-28-2009, 9:36 PM
I would remove the base, remove and save the fence clamping devices and the Miter angle clamping handle then throw away what's left so it couldn't be used as a Miter saw again.
Then remove the blade and fabricate a way to mount a flexible shaft to the mandrell.
It's turning CCW so most edged burr's would not work on it but abrasives or small Dremmel type saw blades would as the blade would be installed backwards.

Otherwise I'd remove the switch, brushes, blade stiffner washers and the fence clamping devices.
Then I'd beat the s--t out of it ,then trash it.

Gene

Eric Roberge
03-28-2009, 9:50 PM
They say that when a tire is flat, it's only flat on one side maybe the top of the blade is sparper then the bottom:confused:
So, on the plus side, you have the option to use the other side of the blade now.:D

Frank Hagan
03-28-2009, 11:34 PM
I wonder if replacing the guards was too expensive. Parts are often more expensive, and people in Hawai'i and Alaska end up paying more for shipping, etc.

But I would never sell that or give it away. Disassemble and trash.

Brad Wood
03-29-2009, 10:39 AM
that is a movie prop for the next sequel in the Saw series.... "Saw VI - Hawaiian Nightmare"