PDA

View Full Version : Jds

Kevin Baker
03-27-2009, 3:04 PM
Hi Everyone ~

Okay, so I finally got my business license and well on my way to getting my business up and running. I've submitted a application with JDS and have called them twice to inquire. On both phone calls, they have told me I am a perspective customer and once I place my first order I'll get a customer number. They have also said their catalogs are in the mail to me (it's been 2 weeks).

Is this normal? Being I'm a one man operation, am I just too small for them to do business with?

I want to call again, but just wanted to ensure I'm not rushing things.

Thanks,
Kevin

Mike Null
03-27-2009, 3:23 PM
Kevin

They are a really good company and they just mailed out catalogs. Call them again and ask for the catalog. In the meantime you can see everything on their web site.

They are my largest supplier---I'm also a one man operation.

Scott Erwin
03-27-2009, 3:28 PM
Kevin,
They are really good, and the catalogs were sent out in the past couple weeks. They still may be updating all the customer files to send out catalogs to. It took about 2 weeks for me to get my first one. But then they will keep you on their list and you will get the updates and sales on a regular basis.

They still have the good sense to know that a lot of us are one-man (with a great woman behind us) operation.

Steve Eide
03-27-2009, 4:14 PM
I concur, JDS has been first class company in my dealings with them. You may need to call; maybe an incorrect address?

Joe Pelonio
03-27-2009, 4:27 PM
I just got a catalog last week and have been a customer for about 7 years. I'd order something from the website and ask for a catalog to be sent with it.

Martin Boekers
03-27-2009, 4:29 PM
We all concur,

Their products lines are good (a nice variety for someone starting out or having been in the business a few years) their service has been great.

I've been buying from them for over 3 years when something goes wrong they are right there doing their best to make it right.

If we would have more suppliers like JDS our lives would be easier.

Marty

Scott Shepherd
03-27-2009, 5:52 PM
Used to use them, switched to Johnson for some reason I can't remember. I think I was looking for material once and they didn't have it and Johnson did. So I began using Johnson. Just recently got tired of hearing "we'll have to get that from the midwest" when I ordered, so I started calling JDS again. They almost always have the materials within a one day shipping range.

Makes me wish I would never have stopped. First class operation.

Dave Johnson29
03-27-2009, 6:31 PM
I want to call again

As has been mentioned you can see everything on their website but you will need a customer number. I was in a similar situation and called and asked for the customer number to get in to the website. I was able to access their website about 2 minutes later.

My only complaint is with the email barrage I get. I have unsubscribed two times but still they come. Not a big deal as I have set a filter to Trash them as they arrive.

I buy what I need when I need it, I do not carry stocks so the specials are of no use to me.

Larry Bratton
03-27-2009, 6:40 PM
Hi Everyone ~

Okay, so I finally got my business license and well on my way to getting my business up and running. I've submitted a application with JDS and have called them twice to inquire. On both phone calls, they have told me I am a perspective customer and once I place my first order I'll get a customer number. They have also said their catalogs are in the mail to me (it's been 2 weeks).

Is this normal? Being I'm a one man operation, am I just too small for them to do business with?

I want to call again, but just wanted to ensure I'm not rushing things.

Thanks,
Kevin
Naaa..I buy a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from them a year. They don't have a minimum but they do offer quantity breaks. They have a warehouse within 20 miles and it's real handy to run up there and pick up a piece of plastic, an award etc. Good folks, I like doing business with them.

Steven Wallace
03-28-2009, 1:04 AM
They work well with small businesses I don't think they care if you are a 1 man operation. I use them and have had great results. I just got my new catalog yours should be coming.

Kevin Baker
03-28-2009, 5:47 AM
WOW!!

Thanks everyone! You guys (and gals) are the best! Guess I can stop worrying about JDS and begin to try and get my arms around tax codes.. :eek:

Thanks again,
Kevin

Steven Wallace
03-28-2009, 1:08 PM
Good to see another squid in the business. Me - BT2 1972-76 VN Vet. Welcome aboard!

Larry Bratton
03-28-2009, 2:07 PM
Kevin,
Suggest you also hook up with Johnson Plastics , as JDS won't necessarily have the depth in Rowmark products. JDS is primarily an awards supplier and their product line is sort of tilted toward the awards maker. JP is leans more to engraving and sublimation.

Mike Null
03-28-2009, 4:06 PM
Johnson's also carries anodized metal sheet stock.

Kevin Baker
03-29-2009, 5:56 AM
Yes, already ordered a few times from JP...

Thanks again,
Kevin