PDA

View Full Version : Question about charging Ryobi One+ battery

Louis Brandt
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased some of the Ryobi One+ tools, and I’m going to charge the battery for the first time. I bought the older type, not the Lithium.

My question is, how do I know when the battery is fully charged? Other cordless tools that I have have battery chargers that indicate when the battery is fully charged, but the Ryobi doesn’t seem to have any such indicator, and the manual doesn’t tell me how to know when the battery is fully charged.

I realize that the first time that I charge the battery, it may take longer to charge than it will for later charges, but in any case, how do I know when it's charged?

How do those of you who have this battery know when it’s charged?

Thanks,

Louis

Frank Berryman
03-27-2009, 12:55 PM
On my charger there are two little lights. When you first insert the battery the red light comes on. When the battery is charged the green light comes on. My charger is a couple of years old. Hopefully they didn't omit the lights on the newer units.

Frank Trinkle
03-27-2009, 12:56 PM
If you have the newest charger, when the green light stays steady, you're fully charged.

Ryobi states somewhere that leaving the battery in the charger for 15-30 minutes AFTER seeing fully charged will actually charge the battery a little further, giving the FULL capability.

BTW... the new lithium batteries are really really good! Worth the investment. You can also buy the newest charger separately at Home Depot. It will charge both the old-style batteries as well as the new Lithiums. It charges very fast and is well-worth the investment!

James Walters
03-27-2009, 12:57 PM
the red lite will go out

Louis Brandt
03-27-2009, 1:16 PM
Hello,

Well, I hope that either the red light will go out or that it will turn green when it's fully charged, but the manual that came with the tool doesn't indicate that any indicator will change to show when it's charged.

Thanks,

Louis