PDA

View Full Version : Shopfox molder knives

Dave Norris
03-27-2009, 7:09 AM
Hi,
I have the original version of the Shopfox molder, and a friend wants me to make him some molding that will require a custom ground knife. I've never tried the Williams and Hussey knives, but I seem to recall that they would fit right in the Shopfox. Does anyone know for certain that they will fit? I don't want to order a custom knife from them and find out I can't use it.

Thanks!

Paul Greathouse
03-27-2009, 8:21 AM
Dave,

I also have the Shop Fox Moulder. The Hussey knives will fit but before you order from them, get in touch with this guy, youi won't be dissapointed.

Custom Moulding Knives
Tim Yunger: Owner
68 Grove Rd.
Shaftsbury, VT 05262
802-753-7105
802-442-6146 FAX

I recently ordered two sets of custom knives from him and I am very pleased with the quality. He is professional and friendly, great customer service. He has a large selection of his own profiles to choose from but he had to custom grind mine to get the exact profiles I wanted.

The turn around on my order was very quick, I ordered on a Friday, my knives shipped on the following Monday and I had them in my shop on Wednesday. I live in Louisiana and he is in Vermont, that's a really good turn around in my opinion.

The process was painless, I traced the profile of the moulding I wanted to match, scanned them to my computer and emailed the scan to him. He sent me back a computer generated measured drawing for may approval. Once I approved he made the knives.

I ordered the Black Nitride steel, its the best grade that he offers. The difference in price to get the better grade steel was not that much.

BOB OLINGER
03-27-2009, 8:47 AM
I agree with Paul. I bought a Shop Fox moulder last fall. I ordered a set of knives from Tim to cut shutter slats. He's very cordial, can provide some advice, knives came in just a few days and seem to be great quality (I haven't ran a lot of material). I highly recommend him.