PDA

View Full Version : All patriots should see this...

David Rose
07-22-2004, 10:21 PM
THIS IS GREAT! and something every American should see.
What is it? See below below the photo........... Have a great day. God bless.

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace, now home to the 4th Infantry division. It will eventually be shipped home and put in the memorial museum in Fort Hood, Texas.

The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad.

Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country; he melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors. Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.

To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Sorry David. The picture didn't show up.

Bruce

Randy Moore
07-23-2004, 5:54 AM
David, The pic came through for me-maybe you fixed it. I wish the pic was bigger so we could see more of what is in front of the soldier.

GOOD picture

Randy

Jason Roehl
07-23-2004, 6:54 AM
Just a reminder that freedom is not free. Good picture.

Mike Leonard
07-23-2004, 7:18 AM
See this link for additional information and back ground info on this.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/kalat.asp

Dennis Peacock
07-23-2004, 9:31 AM
Excellent Post David.!!!!!

It is pictures like this and movies like "Saving Private Ryan" that are strong reminders of the high cost of Freedom in our nation...then, and now.....

Thank you for posting.

David Rose
07-23-2004, 4:26 PM
Mike thanks for the clarifying link, even though it killed a little of the "romance". :eek: I received this in an email so had little reference on it. It's always better to have the truth in whole.

David

See this link for additional information and back ground info on this.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/kalat.asp

Ed Falis
07-23-2004, 4:43 PM
Thanks too, Mike. Somehow I like the real story better than the other one. Cheers to Sgt Mjr Fuss and his colleagues for sticking to it and making it happen.

- Ed