PDA

View Full Version : Versa Laser newbie problem (fixture type)

John W Kidd
03-26-2009, 6:28 PM
Sorry for the newbie question but my resident expert is on vacation. I was trying to engrave a name into a plastic pelican flashlight today but I was unable to set the height of the flashlight. I did lower the table but when I tried to allow for the 1.5" height of the flashlight I was unable to select custom in fixture type. I believe that I was shown that the place to set this was in (fixture type, universal control panel under settings). So long story short when I said go, the table bed rose up and knocked the flash light over.

So long story short how do I get the program to let me select a different fixture type. The program at this time will not allow me to select it, but earlier today my tech showed me that he could do it.

John Kidd

Mike Ireland
03-26-2009, 6:50 PM
John,
You would select the fixture type in the driver. If you have already sent the job to the UCP, you will not be able to change it as you can only change the settings. Go back to your drawing and 'print' it. When the print driver opens, you should be able to select the custom fixture option and set the height of the fixture. Make sure that you also have the material height entered as well.

John W Kidd
03-26-2009, 7:12 PM
Thanks Mike,

I will print this off and have a look in the AM (machine is at work). I am hoping to play around with it tomorrow and try a piece of denim, back of my leather work glove, and I was wondering if it would cut through a piece of Garlock (gasket material). If it did then it would be a lot easier to create gaskets then the manual way we do it now.

John