PDA

View Full Version : Anyone built the Shopnotes #100 Router Table?

Lewis Cobb
03-26-2009, 1:33 PM
Just looking over the plans for the router table featured in the shopnotes #100 issue. Wondering if anyone has built it and/or has some comments on the design - good or bad. I sort of like the design of the 2 towers and the center section for the base, but I am not sure I am all that keen on the MDF approach. The MDF is the best material if you are rounding over the edges and painting it like they did (and I would like to do as well).

Thanks,
Lewis

keith ouellette
03-26-2009, 2:11 PM
I have only seen the picture of it and the cutting list when I was doing some router table research. It looks functional but the table seems a little small. I see it with a shop vac attached to it in the picture for dust collection. I would think that may be a little inadequate because router make a lot of chips and dust. especially if you do a raised panel.

I like to cover mdf in formica because it gouges and flakes easy. I don't think a layer of paint will prevent that but without the formica you can always fill it low spots or sand out high spots and re paint as needed.

I do like that cut list and diagram to show the layout of the cuts. No waist. makes it very easy to follow.