PDA

View Full Version : Over The Moon!

Justin Harrington
03-25-2009, 4:39 PM
Well it eventually arrived! My new Epilog EXT 75 Watt. What a difference over my previous EX. Had it set up in about 30 minutes flat and jumped straight into it, managed to engrave company logo onto some iPod Shuffles and it took 6 seconds each! Way quicker and better graphic than before. It arrived at 4-30 this afternoon and I've honestly made about 3 days worth of income, now all I'm worried about is whether I'm going to get any sleep tonight, I'm like a kid with a new present. I'll post some pics tomorrow some time.:D

Margaret Turco
03-25-2009, 6:01 PM
Congratulations Justin! It sounds like you will be putting the new machine to good use!

Frank Corker
03-25-2009, 6:42 PM
Yeah good for you Justin.

Justin Harrington
03-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Here's a couple of pics for those of you that are interested.

Stephen Beckham
03-26-2009, 1:33 PM
For those of us interested or envious...

Looks too clean, go burn something in it... :p

Congrats and enjoy...

Dee Gallo
03-26-2009, 3:32 PM
Nothing like that "new laser smell", eh? Congrats on the new machine, it's a beauty and looks like you'll be very busy playing with it... but don't forget to post pics!

cheers, dee

Mike DeRegnaucourt
03-26-2009, 5:04 PM
I have the 60watt EXT and love it. I have 15 watts of envy. :D

I'm curious about your exhaust hookup. In your pictures it shows the dual exhaust tubes running into some sort of manifold. Are you just running one blower?

Peck Sidara
03-27-2009, 9:59 AM
Congrats Justin! I know you've been patiently waiting for its arrival. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the features on the EXT or in the laser dashboard.

Justin Harrington
03-28-2009, 2:36 AM
Hi Mike

I'm using a 2 into 1 adjustable airflow manifold, it has a lever on the side that allows me to open or close the vanes inside to adjust airflow (got it from a local air-conditioning company). When I had my EX model I found this very benificial as thinner materials were often sucked up and out through the exhaust, by slowing down the air flow the pieces stayed put.

I'm not finding it as benificial with the EXT due to the vacum feature, it does however still help when using the vector grid.

Yes it does run to 1 extractor.

Peck, so far so good it's been a really easy transition and I love the engrave from centre feature, it saves a ton of setup time on alot of jobs. I'll be at the ISA show this April and am hoping to come through to EPILOG headquaters straight afterwards, looking forward to meeting you all.

Bill Cunningham
03-28-2009, 7:39 PM
Justin.. Looking at your photo, I may be wrong, but the exhaust looks like the accordian type mylar or plastic dryer vent stuff.. Just a word of warning, you can 'blow' through it, but if your sucking through it it 'will' eventually collapse, and plug the venting.. The inner liner pulls away from the outer skin under suction..

Justin Harrington
03-29-2009, 4:09 AM
Hi Bill

It is the aluminium type ducting used in airconditioning. It has a steel sprial and aluminium skin, it's all I've ever used and haven't had any issues over the past 6 years. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Albert Nix
03-29-2009, 7:36 AM
Yeah but will you get better gas milage with dual exhaust, does it sound better and most important did you pick up any HP. Sorry I could'nt resist lol. Still a little motor head left in me. I know you will enjoy it and I am glad to see you making money with it already. P.S. You will find a wealth of knowlage on the creek and a great bunch folks.