PDA

View Full Version : Pecan Bowl with a "Smile"

Don Carter
03-25-2009, 2:30 PM
This is a pecan bowl that has been finished with two coats of Minwax Antique Oil. It still needs to be buffed. This is a very dense and heavy bowl. It has a bark inclusion that looks like a smile in the side. ;)
What do you guys think?

All the best.

Don

Scott Lux
03-25-2009, 2:34 PM
Very nice, how big? My wife says she'd give it room. That's high praise from her!

Lux

Alan Trout
03-25-2009, 2:46 PM
Very nice Don! I really like the look of pecan. I to am working on several pecan bowls. I have 5 roughed out with many more to go. Now the waiting for drying time.

Alan

Don Carter
03-25-2009, 2:49 PM
Scott:
Thanks and tell your wife thanks too. LOML has already picked out a spot for this one. ;)
It is about 9 1/2" by 4" high.

All the best.

Don

alex carey
03-25-2009, 3:35 PM
Nice looking bowl, that has fruit bowl written all over it imo.

Steve Schlumpf
03-25-2009, 8:57 PM
Don - good looking bowl! I like how you have the rim slightly slanted inwards. Nice work!

Bernie Weishapl
03-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Great looking bowl Don. Well done.

Jarrod McGehee
03-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Nice bowl Don. I like the size and shape

Jeff Nicol
03-27-2009, 7:18 AM
Don, That is a nice grin on the bowl! I have not turned any Pecan yet but some day! I was wondering on the picture with the window in the back ground the front of the bowl gets put in the shadow, do you use the flash for the pics? If not put the flash to the on position so it will fire all the time and see if that brightens up the front of the bowl. Or use a secondary light source to do the same. You could make a big reflector and direct some of the light from the window to the front also. So that is my only critique!

Great job,

Jeff