PDA

View Full Version : CNC Machines

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-25-2009, 8:25 AM
Does anyone own a EZ Router CNC, or can tell me anything about one. My nephew emailed me yesterday and he is thinking about ordering one in the next month.

Any input would be appreciated.

Gary Hair
03-25-2009, 4:28 PM
I looked at their website and their machines look pretty solid and it looks like they use good components. I would suggest checking on cnczone.com to see what the folks there know.

Gary

james mcgrew
03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
as with any cnc i would ask for five owners, get their out take on the machines at the end of the day it is the other owners who will support and teach your machine to you!! as with shopbot and camaster, owners groups are the real test of the machines. i have seen the ez router first hand and came close to purchasing but they did not have the flat table at the time.

jim

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys, really appreciate the input. He pretty much has his mind made up on which one he wants.

Now if I can keep James' (my husband) mind off of that one and on the origianal choice we wanted I'll be o.k. :eek:

Brian Peters
03-28-2009, 4:39 PM
I'm with James, its all about the user groups. You can listen a salesman pitch you all the lines or actually get into someone's home shop or a cabinet shop and see it doing real work and decide for yourself. I also find it better to speak to real people in stead of being sold by someone that often times works at a desk and has never worked with cnc routers that much. The shop owners aren't afraid to tell you its flaws and often times will give you an honest review.