PDA

View Full Version : Chat room question

Ken Garlock
03-18-2003, 1:30 PM
How does one exit/quit/depart/move from the chat room? I tried /exit and /end, but I get a messge that no IRC commands are available....:confused:

Von Bickley
03-18-2003, 2:08 PM
Ken,

I don't know if it's the correct procedure or not, but when I'm finished, I scroll down and click on "SawMillCreek". That works for me. Maybe Aaron will shed some light on this.

paul in colorado
03-18-2003, 2:22 PM
I've gone to the top right corner and hit 'home'
seems to me there ought to be another way

Lee Schierer
03-18-2003, 4:38 PM
I say good by to whoever is there and then I use the back button on my browser (netscape) and it seems to work just fine.

Phil Phelps
03-18-2003, 5:10 PM
It don't work worth a #$%^&*

However, I have found I have to clear my cashe everytime I want to wade in there and see what Ken's lyin' about.

Ken Garlock
03-18-2003, 9:39 PM
I can get back the home page and the forums no sweat. However, when I look at the home page, I see that I am still in the chat room even-though I am now somewhere else - another forum. I am not having a mechanical problem moving around the site, I would just like to be able to formally sign off the chat room so that it doesn't look like I am still there.

I hope this makes sense :confused:

paul in colorado
03-18-2003, 9:59 PM
try refreshing the screen?

Aaron Koehl
03-19-2003, 12:19 AM
The main page is updated only when someone joins chat- not when they leave. Also, to log out, simply navigate to another page.

_Aaron_

Ken Garlock
03-19-2003, 12:53 PM
for the info.

The chat room occupants list can be deceiving. I logged on in hopes of harassing Phil Phelps only to find that he was no longer there. Of course, his log-on disappeared when I logged on. I know that chat room is new and still being "burned in", but a future enhancement would be to keep track of when someone shows up on another forum, and removing them from the chat room. (yea, I know you don't have anything to do :D )

Keep up the good, hard work. And thanks.:)

Mike Maikowski
03-23-2003, 4:02 PM
See all nice and clean: I have no problem getting into the chat room and when I want out I just move the curser to the top right corner and click he "X" and I'm gone. simple enough--using netscape.
Mike M