PDA

View Full Version : My turn!!!

Bruce Volden
03-24-2009, 2:43 PM
:D Spent the last hour with Epilog tech support. Unhooked virtually everything and so far it looks like I munched a mother board!! Danged spring storms:mad:. Oh well, it does happen to EVERYONE at some time in their laser playing now doesn't it? I will say Clay @ Epilog was pleasant and thorough and very helpful!!! My new MOBO will be here tomorrow. I am certainly glad I know how to use a Beckman digital volt meter 'cuz Clay had me probing everywhere ascertaining voltage readings. But I'm also glad I have 2 other machines for back up. The bad part about the back up machines is they are noisy and limited to a WIN 98 OS so I have some memory refreshing to do. Thanks for your shoulders ;)

Bruce

Mike Null
03-24-2009, 3:01 PM
My insurance company paid for my board when we had a lightning strike.

Bruce Volden
03-25-2009, 8:26 PM
OK--- I installed the "new" motherboard and am able to ping it, however it WILL NOT receive a file!!! If I hook it through the LPT things are great. What's going on?? This one has me completely stumped :confused:.
I have a call in to tech support and am awaiting but thought I'd keep you all abreast of the situation.

Don't be afraid to chime in as my mind is mush.

Bruce

Randy Allen
03-26-2009, 2:08 PM
Hi Bruce, since Epilog Tech Support is down & out today because of bad weather in Coloroado, I thought I would chime in to see if I could offer some assistance.

If your using an LPT port then that tells me you Machine is a Legend or Legend EX right?

1. Based on your PING test your connected via an Ethernet network cable right? Make sure not to have the LP1 Parallel cable & Ethernet at the same time.

2. RE: Ethernet, Are you connected through the factory CROSSOVER
Cable or through a network switch/router?

a.) check the activity at the switch, is the light indicator ON, unplug
it and plug it back in just to be sure.

3. If a network with other computers, is it possible some other device stole that IP Adress when you weren't looking? If something else grabbed the device and is online then that would give you a valid "REPLY...".

4. Something else to consider to check out the state of the Epilog Print Driver. Make sure, by right clicking on the driver from the Printers & Faxes folder, that it's not set to be OFFLINE. Make sure that printer driver is ONLY and ready.

If I can think of something else I'll let you know but try and evaluate those considerations and feel free to email or call me.

Michael Kowalczyk
03-26-2009, 4:49 PM
Hey Randy,
Good to see you on the Creek but only 2 posts. Com'on don't be a stranger. :D
Have a great day and...

Randy Allen
03-26-2009, 5:03 PM
Hi Michael, it's great to virtually see you as well.

Jeanette does a really good job of keeping us busy so down time is almost nil!
But, I'm a pretty good lurker, huh!

Best regards,
Randy Allen

Bruce Volden
03-26-2009, 5:49 PM
Thanks for the tips Randy and you're correct. Turns out when I uninstalled the port and then reinstalled it BUT forgot to name it (Legend) so things were lost. I do go through a router and really have liked the setup, seems to be bullet proof. Anyway I'm up and burning and getting current with orders.

THANKS ALL

Bruce