PDA

View Full Version : It just hit me

Alex Berkovsky
03-24-2009, 2:23 PM
That after replacing my Craftsman 22124 with a Grizzly G0690, I will have to make a new crosscut and miter sleds since the miter slots and rails do not line up now. :mad:

Chris Tsutsui
03-24-2009, 2:30 PM
I'd sell the jigs with the tool.

I bought some used tools off CL that came with some handy jigs.

So you can't remove and re-attach the strips that fit in the miter slot?

It probably depends what material you used, but maybe you could pry them off, and smooth the bottom.

Alex Berkovsky
03-24-2009, 4:07 PM
I'd sell the jigs with the tool.Too late; the saw has been already picked up.

So you can't remove and re-attach the strips that fit in the miter slot?

It probably depends what material you used, but maybe you could pry them off, and smooth the bottom.The miter jig has screwed in oak strips. The crosscut sled has UHMW runners.

Richard Wolf
03-24-2009, 4:43 PM
Com'on Alex, that's half the fun of getting new tools. Good luck with it.

Richard

Chris Padilla
03-24-2009, 6:13 PM
This thread on the Super Sled (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=107957) is on the first page so have at it. :)

Stephen Edwards
03-24-2009, 7:03 PM
ditto on Chris's suggestion. I've just re-tuned my TS and my very super basic crosscut sled so that I can NOW build John Nixon's Super Sled. I'm already gathering up the stock to build it as soon as I finish this other thing I'm building....wait....several things I'm building!

Confession time. Living out in the boonies and not knowing about woodworkers' forums on the net....well, truth be told, up until last year I had never even heard of a TS sled. I built my first one last year after reading about them here at the Creek, like I said, very basic. But, it'll saw a 24 inch panel spot on 90 degrees. I hardly ever pick up my miter gauge for straight cuts anymore.

+1 for the Creek, too!!! Thanks to all of you for helping me to learn more.

scott spencer
03-24-2009, 7:36 PM
Yeah...doesn't getting new tools suck?! :p

Rick Moyer
03-24-2009, 7:39 PM
I wish I had your problem!

Alex Berkovsky
03-25-2009, 8:20 AM
Yeah...doesn't getting new tools suck?! :pIt sure does! Now I'll have to sell the new Grizzly TS and repurchase 22124 so that I won't have to make new sleds. :D

Com'on Alex, that's half the fun of getting new tools. Good luck with it.Thanks, Richard.