PDA

View Full Version : Replacement sleeves for Ridgid EB4424

david kramer
03-24-2009, 1:25 PM
I'm looking for replacement sleeves for my Ridgid EB4424 OSS/OBS, my local store doesn't stock them. I've found references here for HF sleeves, homedepot.com, Klingspor and Rockler. But I can't find anything obvious on any of those sites. Does anyone have a reference to an online product?

Thx
David

P.S. Sorry to bring this up again, I know it's come up before. I've searched the archives and I can't find a useful pointer, hopefully this thread will be the end of it :)!

Ray Dockrey
03-24-2009, 2:17 PM
Amazon has them. Do a search for Ridgid sanding sleeves on the Amazon site. Klingspor looks to have some that will work to. I found a site that sold Klingspor sleeves and they had them in various lengths. You would just have to find something close. I was in a Home Depot here the other day and they had them so you might check another Home Depot if you have another one close. I bought a bunch of the sleeves when they clearanced them for some reason here while back. I have no idea why they did that considering they were and are still selling the sander. I very rarely use the sleeves as I keep the sanding belt on it and find it to be more useful with what I do.

Joe Scharle
03-24-2009, 2:41 PM
Klingspor has 3 grits of 4.5 inch sleeves. I use them on my Rigid.

Irwin Fletcher
03-24-2009, 4:31 PM
I was in a Home Depot here the other day and they had them so you might check another Home Depot if you have another one close. I bought a bunch of the sleeves when they clearanced them for some reason here while back. I have no idea why they did that considering they were and are still selling the sander.

I just bought one of these sanders last week, and I had to go to 4 different Home Depots before I found one. The first 3 were all sold out of the sander and the sleeves, and they couldn't tell me when/if they would get more. It made me start to wonder if this model is being phased out/discontinued and soon to be replaced with a newer machine like they did with the planer and tablesaw??

david kramer
03-24-2009, 6:37 PM
Amazon has them. Do a search for Ridgid sanding sleeves on the Amazon site. Klingspor looks to have some that will work to. I found a site that sold Klingspor sleeves and they had them in various lengths. You would just have to find something close.

Thanks. I found the sleeves on Amazon, but they don't have the 2 inch sleeves. Can you please provide a link to the site that sells the Klingspor sleeves, a link to the exact product would be even better!

Thx
David

Ray Dockrey
03-24-2009, 7:59 PM
Here you go.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/73690B94/mac/qryitems.mac/itemDisplay?lenSgDsc=6NLB4.5SANDING%20SLEEVES%20-%204.5%22%20LENGTH&qryType=GRPSG&group=SLEEVE