PDA

View Full Version : Why just backspace??

Jim Kountz
03-24-2009, 10:51 AM
I always use my backspace key to navigate around the forums here and it dawned on my how handy a forward space key would be. Hows come we dont have those??
Rant over.........

LOL:D:D

Burt Alcantara
03-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Mouse.

I use a LogiTech MX500 which is old already. My lower side button goes back, the upper side goes forward. I still have 3 top buttons along with the right/left clicks.

Get a better mouse.

Burt

Jason Beam
03-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Because Backspace is the wrong key for the job! Someone at Netscape thought that was a good idea 12 years ago :D

If you wanna stick with keys, use: alt+left and alt+right arrow keys for back and forward. At least then it won't be semantically keeping me up at night when you use it :P :P :P

Joe Hardesty
03-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Because computer users would misuse a Forward key. They would hit it repeatedly trying to go forward faster and end up in a time warp. Then in an attempt to stop the time warp, they would hit the backspace key and slam head first into their computer monitor. Very messy!

Jim Kountz
03-24-2009, 5:27 PM
Because computer users would misuse a Forward key. They would hit it repeatedly trying to go forward faster and end up in a time warp. Then in an attempt to stop the time warp, they would hit the backspace key and slam head first into their computer monitor. Very messy!

Oh man thats good!!:D:D What happens if they hit the escape key!!:eek::eek: I guess to get back to normal they would hit the control key??

Myk Rian
03-24-2009, 5:30 PM
The escape key puts you in an escape pod and you go slamming into the planet you were orbiting.

Glenn Clabo
03-24-2009, 5:34 PM
Don't know about you...but I ain't got no front space no more.:eek:

Tim Morton
03-24-2009, 5:57 PM
I could not live on the net without my logitech MX-1000 mouse...the scroll wheel has a left tilt and a right tilt...programmable to fwd and back.:cool:

Chris Padilla
03-24-2009, 6:30 PM
I've never heard of using the backspace key with a browser! :) I've always used a mouse. :D

Jim Becker
03-24-2009, 9:20 PM
So...where would "forward" take you on a page like this?? ;)

Steve Clardy
03-24-2009, 9:46 PM
So...where would "forward" take you on a page like this?? ;)

Lol....nowhere

Jim Kountz
03-24-2009, 11:57 PM
I think maybe some have missed my little stab at humor. Maybe next time more smilies??

Rich Engelhardt
03-25-2009, 6:17 AM
Hello,
Right click anywhere on the page & select back or fore.

Also - press the Alt and right arrow key to go forward in IE.
Alt and left arrow key = backspace.

& yes I use both.

I work on a lot of rack mount servers w/those marble sized useless track balls.

Most help menus are in HTML.

Curt Harms
03-25-2009, 8:19 AM
either side of the "inverted T" up arrow key. Quite useful.

Joe Hardesty
03-25-2009, 8:35 AM
I think maybe some have missed...

Jim,

There are rumors that Festool is coming out with new keyboard that will have back, forward, and sideways keys!

It will also attach to the CT-mini dust extractor to remove cigarette ashes, cookie crumbs, and mouse droppings from the keyboard.

HTH

Gene Howe
03-25-2009, 7:07 PM
Jim,

There are rumors that Festool is coming out with new keyboard that will have back, forward, and sideways keys!

It will also attach to the CT-mini dust extractor to remove cigarette ashes, cookie crumbs, and mouse droppings from the keyboard.

HTH

I don't want no green keyboard!!

mike holden
03-26-2009, 8:00 AM
Jim,
I am sure you have heard all the jokes about the "anykey", usually prefaced with a story about the instructions asking you to press "anykey"? Well, my dvd remote has solved that problem..

Jim Kountz
03-26-2009, 8:02 AM
Now I have seen it all!!